Opeth

By Request, Part 1 - Orchid:

• Total voters
Opeth plays shows all the time around my town. I've never got to go though because you must be 21 to get into the bars  :( , but I think they are great and I'm really starting to like the new album.

Almost done with the debut album Orchids. Very good album, I'm not a big fan of growling, but the rest of the music made up for it. Some great great stuff on that album. Next I'm going to try the followup, Morningrise.

Gah still don't have the first two! I'm gonna order them within the next week or so. This band is quickly becoming my favourite! Its pretty much a tie with DT and Maiden at the moment :)

I'm just wondering, since i'm starting to get into Opeth, which album should i buy first?  :)

Yep, Blackwater Park if you already like harsh vocals. Otherwise get Watershed :)

I think I might try Blackwater Park tomorrow.

Its one of my 4 'perfect' albums! :D (along with Images and Words, Painkiller and A Matter of Life and Death).

Well I love all three of those albums, it must be really good to deserve such a title!

Orchid is a great intro to Opeth, but I agree Black Water Park is the zenith of the "classic" line-up and a as good an album as any. Watershed is really good, but I would only recommend it once a person is familiar with their earlier work. My favorite is Still Life and I'm growing quite fond of Ghost Reveries. I'm yet to review the new one along with my other cd purchases, but I'm just giving them time to fully appreciate them.

Still Life is catching Blackwater Park for me. Ghost Reveries and Watershed are a bit behind.

And yeah Mosh just give it a little time to grow and hopefully you will love it! :D

I agree, I love Watershed. Heritage is probably my least favourite Opeth record but I still really quite like it.

Actually my order from that album is:

1. The Leper Affinitiy/Bleak/The Drapery Falls
2. The Funeral Portrait/Blackwater Park
3. Harvest/Dirge for November

Jupz said:
Actually my order from that album is:

1. The Leper Affinitiy/Bleak/The Drapery Falls
2. The Funeral Portrait/Blackwater Park
3. Harvest/Dirge for November
Isn't that all the songs from the album? :p

Back