One year with ...

album - From Fear to Eternity
videogame - Fifa 12
movie - Inception
season of some series - Family Guy
book - Hõbevalge (a book written by former Estonian president Meri, about history of ancient estonians)
drug - sleeping  :bigsmile:

This choice is so unbelievably hard... And in typical fashion, I analyse each choice extensively with my lack of inner monologue!

I would normally jump straight to my favourite album (The Crimson Idol) but I don't know if I could cope on it for a year :p probably drive me to suicide for the exact reasons I love it! ... It's got some emotional stuff and some rocky stuff, but I don't think I could cope. All other potential albums are currently out of bounds, Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid would be high up the list due to diversity if not for that reason. Does Use Your Illusion 1+2 count as a double album.. they're seperate but it was referred to as a double...

Game wise I'd want something I know is good rather than a new game that I just thought would keep me occupied... RockBand would be fun but it gets very samey very fast unless you have access to DLC constantly. Tiberian Sun would be high up the list, or an MMO if there was an internet connection (social interaction!! And it extends the life span of games indefinitely if you have fun people to play with) .. I rarely play games these days and when I do they are almost 100% multiplayer games.

Book... Urf, there's nothing I particularly want to read and anything long and interesting e.g a massive War encyclopedia or mythology book would probably just get boring after a while anyway. My usual books are artist biographies.

Season... well if you're going away for a year you want something re-watchable that doesn't get old, Blackadder is an epic series but at 6episodes per season thats only 3hours killed... 2nd Season of Rockstar was decent, and assuming I was in a decent state of mind I'd say potentially one of the stargate atlantis seasons.. they're nice and long!

Movie.. Lord of the Rings 3, Saving Private Ryan or something comedy-esque... Probably LOTR3 for length and epicness.

Drug? .. Cyanide so that I don't have to get cabin fever and have to make this nightmare decision!

Okay I'll try make a decision >.< On the assumption I was 'sane' at the time:
Album: Use Your Illusion 1/2 (if it classes as double - Alice Cooper's Hey Stoopid if not)
Game: Guild Wars 2 (yes its not out yet, and assuming internet connection.. if no internet then Diablo 3>2)
Movie: LOTR3
Season: SG:Atlantis .. 2?
Book: Mythology Encyclopedia (Unless I can have my guitar with me! In which case a monster music theory book, that way I'm actually able to write stuff when I get out :p)
Drug: Cider to pass away the long nights. I'd rather sleeping tablets and just sleep out the entire year but I am rather immune :/

Album: A Matter of Life and Death
Videogame: Some form of car racey thing (probably the least used thing ill take)
Movie: Something deeply disturbing like i spit on your grave, clockwork orange or last house on the left (probably also used very little... maybe just flight666)....  hmm or an attenborough documentary
Series: Big Bang Theory
Book: Sean Carroll From DNA to Diversity... i need to get through that thing
Drug: iPod  :p  what? cheating? ok ill take Coffee anyway  <_<

Album: Hemispheres-Rush
Videogame: Skyrim
Movie: North by Northwest
Series: How I Met Your Mother
Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Drug: Diet Pepsi or Coke

The Use Your Illusions by Guns N' Roses
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (more music, too, since there's a radio station that plays '80s rock music! :p)
Saving Private Ryan
Dexter season 1
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Mocha frappuccino

Do the Illusions count? They're separate but they're considered double albums, no? Well, that's thirty diverse songs that I'd never get bored of (even though my all-time favorite album is Skunkworks by Bruce Dickinson; that album just wouldn't last if it was the only thing I could listen to).

Album: Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Videogame: GTA San Andreas
Movie: Fight Club
Season of some series: South Park season 7
Book: Catcher in the Rye
Drug: coffee

Nice poll, I never saw this before. My choices would probably be:

Album: Iron Maiden - The X Factor
Videogame: Football/Championship Manager
Film: The Lord of the Rings
Series: The Sopranos (not sure which season)
Book: The Lord of the Rings (it took me about a year to read last time, so repeat readings won't be an issue)
Drug: Beer

Good bump, this is an interesting poll:

Album: Exile on Main Street (First Runner-Up: Physical Graffiti, Second Runner-Up: London Calling). If "best of" compilations count, then Echoes by Pink Floyd.
Videogame: It would be something I haven't played before, with long content. Red Dead Redemption is my pick. (Scared off of Skyrim because of publicized PS3 glitches.)
Film: Blazing Saddles -- gotta have humor.
Series Season: The Wire, Season 4. Easy. Possibly the greatest motion picture work of art EVER. They now teach this show at Harvard.
Book: Whoever said Don Quixote is correct -- greatest and funniest book ever written -- but I've already read it. I'll cheat a bit and pick Proust's In Search of Lost Time -- it's technically one novel, albeit with seven volumes. Being locked in a motel for a year is probably the only way I'd ever get through the whole thing.
Drug: If Coke Classic counts as a drug, that's it. Otherwise, pot. (Assuming that things like antibiotics are included in the thrice-daily "keep you alive" deliveries.)

Album: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Video game: Skyrim
Film: The Dark Knight
Series Season: How I Met Your Mother (Don't know what season)
Book: Bible
Drug: Coffee

Album: Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Video Game: Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword
Film: Patton
Series/Season: Star Trek: DS9 Season 6
Book: The Lord of the Rings
Drug: Coca-Cola

Album: Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Video Game: Civilization II
Film: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Series Season: Star Trek TNG Season 7 or DS9 Season 6
Book: Encyclopaedia Britannica
Drug: Coffee

I wouldn't take any single album, movie or season series, because I'd hate it after a year.
A huge-ass book, encyclopaedia, and a game with almost infinite replay value (turn-based strategies like HoMM or Civilization series).

And guys, seriously, being trapped in a room for a year would require some real drugs, not beer / coffee or any of that whimp shit :D

Album - Somewhere in Time
Video Game - Joint Ops Typhoon Rising
Film - Black Hawk Down
Series - Band of Brothers, Duhh
Book - I Don't Read to Many Books, So Run to the Hills the history of Iron Maiden
Drug - Coca Cola

Album - A Matter of Life and Death (could probably think of something better)
Video Game - Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Film - Star Wars (probably episode VI: Return of the Jedi)
Series - Band of Brothers (2nd one would've been one season of The Sopranos, any season of Fam Guy or South Park would also be viable)
Book - don't know but Don Quixote is told to be really good and long
Drug - marijuana

The Use Your Illusions by Guns N' Roses
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (more music, too, since there's a radio station that plays '80s rock music! :p)
Saving Private Ryan
Dexter season 1
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Mocha frappuccino

Do the Illusions count? They're separate but they're considered double albums, no? Well, that's thirty diverse songs that I'd never get bored of (even though my all-time favorite album is Skunkworks by Bruce Dickinson; that album just wouldn't last if it was the only thing I could listen to).

Wow I'm dumb.

I'd get so sick of Dexter. Swap it with Fullmetal Alchemist. That "one season" is 51 episodes.

Album - Dance Of Death
Video Game - GTA 5 when it comes out lol
Movie - Flight 666 :p
Season Of A Series - South Park - early series before they cut most of the swearing out :)
Book - Iron Maiden Photo book - Dont care which one as long as its got lots of photos :)
Drug - Condoms;)

Some time passed. Let's see..

Album - Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
Video Game - Minecraft (still, hehe)
Movie - Cloud Atlas
Season Of A Series - Lucky Louie, the only season
Book - Bible (no change here too)
Drug - My grandpa's home made wine

Some time passed. Let's see..

Album - Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
Video Game - Minecraft (still, hehe)
Movie - Cloud Atlas
Season Of A Series - Lucky Louie, the only season
Book - Bible (no change here too)
Drug - My grandpa's home made wine

Nice album pick! Also had to look up Lucky Louie and I didn't even know CK made a series! I know what to do the rest of my evening now...Found em on YouTube :)

Back