One word: AWESOME!

What is the most awesome of these one-word-title songs?

• Prowler

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Transylvania

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Sanctuary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrathchild

• Killers

• Purgatory

• Drifter

• Invaders

• Gangland

• Revelations

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Moonchild

• Tailgunner

• Futureal

• Rainmaker

• Montsegur

• Paschendale

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Journeyman

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Yes my friends, it's another Silly Poll from SMX!

Have you ever noticed how a lot of these one-word-titles are just a combination of two words that, properly speaking, ought to be separate? Consider: "Powerslave" is not a proper word. "Moonchild" is not a proper word. And "Futureal" makes Mr. DICKtionary angry. :mad:

Well, even if it isn't in any respectable dictionaries, I'm voting for "Powerslave" anyway. It's just an incredible song with a great bassline. And the Risen Osiris made me do it.

Remember to post about your vote, or else Onhell will kill your threads.

How the hell can we choose from this bunch? Have you ever noticed how nearly half are from the DiAnno era? Just a thought - but where is Invasion?

I have no idea how to cast this vote - but as I feel I must, I will have a quick stab at Wrathchild - the epitome of metal!

But Drifter - I was there when they did the "Yo, Yo, Yo, Yo" - why cast this aside? Both Moonchild and Tailgunner are amongst the better album openers! Journeyman is their second best acoustic number (yes, I think Prodigal Son was better), Rainmaker has.......

Bugger this, I'll stick with Wrathchild. I'm way too tired to argue. :D

What? No Paschendale?  :D

Out of that list I choose...

Powerslave. Love Davey's solo! That song sounds awesome on LAD! *One day I'll see the show...*

Killers is a close 2nd.

Once again....What?  No Paschendale?

Revelations (Dickinson) 6:51

What I like about this song is the highs and lows.  Starts off melodic and switches to a rocking beat.  Bruce shines here as well as Nicko.  "The light of the blind-you'll see"  Up and down I love this song!

Edit: Is paschendale on the list now?  So this warning is telling me?  I can't turn back now eh? 

Sadly, I cannot change anyone's votes. Moderators don't have the level of power we used to in the old days. That's why Adrian Smith doesn't win every poll with hundreds of thousands of votes any more.

I Stand by my Powerslave love. Improper word doesn't mean wicked awesome everything in the song. Bloody fun to play with guitar solos.

Powergirl81 said:
Awww...wish I could have seen that  :D

H: 1,356,465,416

Everyone else: 5

:lol:

That's pretty much how it was back in the day.
Three years ago. *Shakes head*

Paschendale, Montségur, Invaders?  Paschendale?  Montségur?  Invaders?  How can I choose out of that trio?

All right, let's say Invaders just because it's my username  :halo:

Paschendale.  As much as I would berate people for not explaining their votes, I honestly don't feel that any further discussion is necessary.

Even with the addition of Paschendale, I still stand by my vote. Don't get me wrong, I like Paschendale but it took me a long while to get into it and I still don't think it better than - say - The Longest Day.

But this is my opinion.

It's Revelations for me, though Paschendale is a very close second. The lyrics and dark, progressive, yet beautiful feel of the song but it above the rest for me.

Back