On repetitive choruses

I agree with the thread starter .One of the many silly complains for post-reunion Maiden. I actually like the repeat choruses (hell the final repeat chorus of "The final frontier" with Smith's melodies is one of my favourite recent Maiden moments) .

Who cares? Seriously, who cares?

I see no correllation whatsoever between quality of song and how repetitive a chorus is.

Robbiedbee said:
Who cares? Seriously, who cares?

I see no correllation whatsoever between quality of song and how repetitive a chorus is.

Depends on the song and how it is done.  BNW's repetition wares on me, while DLTtEoaS has more of a vocal/tonal variety on how the chorus is repeated.  It is subjective.

johnglen said:
(hell the final repeat chorus of "The final frontier" with Smith's melodies is one of my favourite recent Maiden moments) .
I'm with ya, man. The FIRST TIME  I heard it, horns were thrown. :edmetal: Great moment...

Some repetitive choruses I like and some I don't. I love the choruses on Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, but don't like Running Free or Wrathchild too much. I'm a big fan of Children of the Damned and Only the Good Die Young but not a real big fan of The Angel and the Gambler or Tailgunner. There are many more examples of this right throughout Maiden's repertoire. So I guess it just comes down to the music or how the chorus is sang.

Vortex said:
Some repetitive choruses I like and some I don't. I love the choruses on Caught Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, but don't like Running Free or Wrathchild too much. I'm a big fan of Children of the Damned and Only the Good Die Young but not a real big fan of The Angel and the Gambler or Tailgunner. There are many more examples of this right throughout Maiden's repertoire. So I guess it just comes down to the music or how the chorus is sang.

I must admit, I too love the CSiT chorus. There's just something about it... possibly because Bruce goes through a pretty wide range (which makes singing along feel like an accomplishment), yet really never pushes us too far to follow along.

The only maiden song which actually made me think "Wow, that's a lot of repetition," was The Angel and the Gambler:

Don't you think I'm a saviour?
Don't you think I could save you?
Don't you think I could save your life?

It goes on for AGES!

Back