Official Star Wars Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bearfan, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Edington

Edington More Than Two Problems

70's child acting? Good grief. :eek:

I'm of a similar mind. I just wonder because most of the criticism I see is more about the direction, performances, blue screen overload and all that.

2. Edington

The Mandalorian's cast has been revealed. Pedro Pascal leads, with Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow and Omid Abtahi. Must admit I only know the first three, but then you've got goddamn flippin' Carl Weathers supporting!

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Presumably there to have the World's Manliest Handshake with Pedro Pascal:

[​IMG]

Edington likes this.
  4. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

Homoerotic....

5. Onhell

Onhell Infinite Dreamer

psh, that's got nohing on the Rocky 3 training montage.

6. Edington

Vader fan film by Star Wars Theory on the YouTube. It's brilliant, can't wait to see some more.

7. Edington

I watched Solo last night, had been put off seeing it for a long time after all the crap it got from fans and the behind-the-scenes stuff. Not going to go down as one of my favourite SW films and had some bizarre changes to the lore (like the origins of Han's surname :facepalm:), but was mostly very enjoyable. Thought Alden Ehrenreich was surprisingly good as Han and Donald Glover was brilliant as Lando, even the voice he absolutely nailed.

Forgot about the Maul appearance. Not sure I liked it. I knew he was still alive, but I would've much preferred his place to be taken by Jabba the Hutt. Caught the couple of references to Jabba but I think it would've made more sense for him to have a bigger presence, given how much history he and Han have.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Onhell and Vantage Point like this.
  8. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

I'll take a returning prequel character any time, any place

9. I enjoyed Solo as well, and I’m hoping they continue to make one-off stand alone movies, though it would appear that due to this one not being a huge hit they are reconsidering this. Which is a shame as I think of the new movies, Rogue One and Solo are the best.

I didn’t though like the appearance of Darth Maul anywhere post Phantom Menace. The one redeeming feature of that film was the lightsaber battle at the end, and I feel by bringing Maul back for the Clone Wars series they kind of undermined the best part of Episode 1.

10. Edington

Yeah, I'm way more interested in the Anthology films over the trilogy at this point, even though I've only seen Solo the once I'd rather watch it again over Force Awakens or Last Jedi. I would be very interested in a Kenobi film set between episodes III and IV, it'd be cool to see Darth Maul make an appearance in that. There was a great comic I read once where Maul, hunts down Luke on Tatooine, only for Obi Wan to burst out of the sand and fight him. But, given Maul and Obi Wan had their final duel in Rebels (which I do believe is canon), I guess that's not an option now.

I don't know that people aren't interested in the Anthology films, I just think Disney don't seem to have any idea what to do with them. I see a lot of interest in an Obi Wan film, but instead we get a Han film that nobody wanted (judging by the box office) and then Disney announce a Lando spin-off just because people said he was good in the film?

Also, literally popped up as I was writing this, the guys who make Game of Thrones are making a Star Wars trilogy. Interesting...

11. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I still haven’t seen Solo

12. Edington

Shit. Sorry. :oops:

13. Night Prowler

Night Prowler CriedWhenBazzaSued Staff Member

I still haven't seen the parts I slept through.

Spambot likes this.
  14. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Solo is a good film that largely went under the radar. I have no idea why Disney chose to release it so soon after The Last Jedi.

15. Edington

Especially with Infinity War and Deadpool 2 being released so close to it. Solo was struggling to gain interest as it was.

16. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Solo also had negative impact from production changes, which affected its net profitability as well. I liked it. It wasn't great, it was good.

17. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

It looked OK but I have no interest in a Solo movie and I didn’t like what I saw of the actor they cast to play him. The clips I saw looked like a decent action movie.