Official Star Wars Thread

A more interesting question for me is what if Lucas had made the films in chronological order and Ep I were made 1st with technology where it was in 1977, what would it have looked like and would it have been well received?

70's child acting? Good grief. :eek:

The story is my biggest gripe with those films, so no.

I'm of a similar mind. I just wonder because most of the criticism I see is more about the direction, performances, blue screen overload and all that.

The Mandalorian's cast has been revealed. Pedro Pascal leads, with Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow and Omid Abtahi. Must admit I only know the first three, but then you've got goddamn flippin' Carl Weathers supporting!

goddamn flippin' Carl Weathers supporting!
Presumably there to have the World's Manliest Handshake with Pedro Pascal:

tenor.gif

I watched Solo last night, had been put off seeing it for a long time after all the crap it got from fans and the behind-the-scenes stuff. Not going to go down as one of my favourite SW films and had some bizarre changes to the lore (like the origins of Han's surname :facepalm:), but was mostly very enjoyable. Thought Alden Ehrenreich was surprisingly good as Han and Donald Glover was brilliant as Lando, even the voice he absolutely nailed.

Forgot about the Maul appearance. Not sure I liked it. I knew he was still alive, but I would've much preferred his place to be taken by Jabba the Hutt. Caught the couple of references to Jabba but I think it would've made more sense for him to have a bigger presence, given how much history he and Han have.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Solo as well, and I’m hoping they continue to make one-off stand alone movies, though it would appear that due to this one not being a huge hit they are reconsidering this. Which is a shame as I think of the new movies, Rogue One and Solo are the best.

I didn’t though like the appearance of Darth Maul anywhere post Phantom Menace. The one redeeming feature of that film was the lightsaber battle at the end, and I feel by bringing Maul back for the Clone Wars series they kind of undermined the best part of Episode 1.

Yeah, I'm way more interested in the Anthology films over the trilogy at this point, even though I've only seen Solo the once I'd rather watch it again over Force Awakens or Last Jedi. I would be very interested in a Kenobi film set between episodes III and IV, it'd be cool to see Darth Maul make an appearance in that. There was a great comic I read once where Maul, hunts down Luke on Tatooine, only for Obi Wan to burst out of the sand and fight him. But, given Maul and Obi Wan had their final duel in Rebels (which I do believe is canon), I guess that's not an option now.

I don't know that people aren't interested in the Anthology films, I just think Disney don't seem to have any idea what to do with them. I see a lot of interest in an Obi Wan film, but instead we get a Han film that nobody wanted (judging by the box office) and then Disney announce a Lando spin-off just because people said he was good in the film?

Also, literally popped up as I was writing this, the guys who make Game of Thrones are making a Star Wars trilogy. Interesting...

Solo also had negative impact from production changes, which affected its net profitability as well. I liked it. It wasn't great, it was good.

It looked OK but I have no interest in a Solo movie and I didn’t like what I saw of the actor they cast to play him. The clips I saw looked like a decent action movie.

A poster for Episode IX has leaked. Can I even post it here? Assuming it's actually real, it does tell us some interesting stuff about the film...

C-3PO is armed. At first it reminded me of that stupid scene in AOTC and I groaned, then I thought about it a little more. Could it be that the Resistance is so short on manpower that they have to resort to arming their protocol droids? That's kinda cool and perhaps it could be quite funny.

Kylo Ren's got his mask back, looks like he's fixed it with some red crystalline material, looks cool and intimidating. Him breaking his mask was something that really irritated me about The Last Jedi, so I am pleased. Also, he's using his lightsaber in a back-hand style, is he gonna show off a new fighting technique? I hope so.

KNIGHTS OF REN. Hooray! Hard to see them properly, but some of them have got some badass looking weapons, should lead to some very cool fight scenes. Hopefully their appearance is worth the wait.

There are some new stormtroopers, almost look like a hybrid of the Royal Guards, Death Troopers and Clones. I'm not expecting much of an appearance from these guys, but I really like the design.

Can't tell if Rey is using Luke's lightsaber and she's repaired it or she's using her own custom-made one, but is it just me who sees a white blade? That's pretty unique to the film series and goes well with her new outfit. Could it be symbolic?

And, finally, the new characters. I don't know much about the first one in the purple spacesuit, but the second is apparently Lando's daughter. Other artwork shows her armed with a weapon similar to a bow and arrow.

That's about everything I got from a first look. Bit of contention as to whether it is genuine or not, lots seem to think it's simply promotional artwork to be used on merchandise rather than a proper theatrical poster. Personally I think it's the latter, either way it's a lot to think about.

Last edited:
Back