Official Maidenfans poll: Favorite Maiden guitarist 2015

Who is your favorite Iron Maiden guitarist?

• Dave Murray

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • Adrian Smith

Votes: 68 54.4%
  • Janick Gers

Votes: 19 15.2%

• Total voters
I don't have much knowledge in terms of instruments but I think Adrian is the best. Did he play in NOTB?

I was originally going to go with Harris, but since he's a bassist and you can't choose him in the options I'll go with Smith.

Last edited:
Jan really has become a monster of a songwriter in recent years.... The Book of Souls title track, The Talisman, The Legacy, Dance of Death title track...

Did he write TBOS title track?!! Well respect then! I love that song, my favourite from the new album.

Did he write TBOS title track?!! Well respect then! I love that song, my favourite from the new album.

Absolutely he did! He's been very consistent in his writing for the band since the reunion. One of the best, I'd say. Check out www.ironmaidencommentary.com (or Wikipedia), it'll tell you who wrote everything. Then you can start becoming as obsessed as some of us here are with who played/wrote what!

Absolutely he did! He's been very consistent in his writing for the band since the reunion. One of the best, I'd say. Check out www.ironmaidencommentary.com (or Wikipedia), it'll tell you who wrote everything. Then you can start becoming as obsessed as some of us here are with who played/wrote what!

That's great! I thank you for the recommendation.

I did read that he co-wrote it with Harris, ofcourse as a big fan of Harris this further confirms he's among the best.

I think Steve just wrote the lyrics, as he has for all the other epic Gers songs in the post-reunion era. All of which rank from very good to truly epic.

I'm correcting my assessment. I don't have a favourite Maiden guitarist. My vote goes for Janick, 'cause he's the underdog, he's representative of the era I love the most (90's and especially reunion) and he's an amazing songwriter, but let me repeat it again for shamelss dramatic effect - I don't have a favourite Maiden guitarist. I have always liked H the least, but even he's fucking awesome! And they only get better with time - TBOS sounds like they've all been practising a lot. Love all three of 'em. Honestly.

(this post was written under the influence of En Vivo. I just love watching them all on stage.)

Adrian by far, both as a songwriter and as a guitar player.

I think Janick is a far better songwriter than Davey, although I like the latter's guitar playing a bit more (even though he has been quite sloppy for a very long time now).

Back