Official Football Thread

Mad nights entertainment, at half time it was looking like two shite matches with not much point in even watching the second half and then within a few mins Japan had turned it on it's head, and at one point for a brief 30 seconds both Spain and Germany were going out if the score had stayed as they were.

Mad nights entertainment, at half time it was looking like two shite matches with not much point in even watching the second half and then within a few mins Japan had turned it on it's head, and at one point for a brief 30 seconds both Spain and Germany were going out if the score had stayed as they were.
Yup, both Japan and Costa Rica going through would have been heavenly.

After first match's awe, Spain proved to be a disappointment, I wish they were out too. I think that would have have happened were Germany won by only 2-1.
How so? With that scoreline, Costa Rica were at 3 points and Spain at 4. Spain out would've required either Germany to win by 8 goals, or CR to win.

At 2-1 Costa Rica, Spain were out, but that didn't last very long.

Super happy to see Korea continue, sad for Serbia. It's like a 2018 deja vu, with the bonus that Korea is in this time.

I was hopping this world Cup due to the small time difference with Qatar I would be able to watch matches like a normal human being but still too many of them are like 3 am in the morning and the times to prevail from now on, are that and 11 pm which isn't that great either.

Aren't the media quite of over-reacting to everything Messi does? I mean I wake up, open the laptop and see titles everywhere, like amazing goal what he did, plus Rio Ferdinand & Gary Lineker to praise him like he scored the next goal of the century. What I saw was much lower that my expectations, which were no less than to see him pass half the Australian defence and score, really.

Aren't the media quite of over-reacting to everything Messi does? I mean I wake up, open the laptop and see titles everywhere, like amazing goal what he did, plus Rio Ferdinand & Gary Lineker to praise him like he scored the next goal of the century. What I saw was much lower that my expectations, which were no less than to see him pass half the Australian defence and score, really.

This phenomenon appears in many sports where certain players are believed to be the greatest alive or the greatest of all time. In chess, Magnus Carlsen would get an equal amount of praise for a decent win, as Messi gets for a decent goal. It’s normal and understandable. These players have such an amazing track record that every little feat they accomplish gets praised, sometimes overly much. The statistic I heard yesterday was that it was Messi’s 789th goal in his 1000th game, which is crazy.

Brazil-Croatia and Spain-Portugal in Quarter finals. Semi-finals Brazil-Argentina and Spain-France. Final Brazil-Spain, Brazil will take their sixth world cup title. France will take the third place playoff.

No high hopes for The Netherlands or England?

fetchimage

I'd like to see a South American team winning it. Especially Messi. Though the meeting with his destiny might have been 2014. To raise the Cup inside Maracana. Brazilians on the other hand, have 2 shames to wash, 2014 and if there's a rematch, 1998, though nothing remotely close to 2014's demolition.
Looks exciting; Third French, second English or Spanish, first Croatian or Dutch.. anything but Ronaldo will do for me! :D

Brackets updated

Brazil-Croatia and Spain-Portugal in Quarter finals. Semi-finals Brazil-Argentina and Spain-France. Final Brazil-Spain, Brazil will take their sixth world cup title. France will take the third place playoff.
I like the way you think but Spain won’t get so far. Finals will be Brazil against France or England.

Those Brazilian dances after a goal annoy me!
It's disrespectful towards the other team. I hope Croatia will kick ´em out in the next round.

(forgive me for being too lazy to post this in the Rant thread)

Back