14. Osasuna
15. Levante
16. Real Betis
17. Athletic Bilbao
18. Real Valladolid (Promoted)
19. Almería (Promoted)
20. Murcia (Promoted)

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK OK, THIS kicks ass! Mexico beat the U.S in BOTH the women's and men's categories in the Panamerican games! Life's great, not to mention today I was able to take a hot shower for the first time since I got here lol.... for some reason the gods smiled upon me today!

Saturday, 12th May. The night Sochaux won the French Cup (Coupe de France) for the 2nd time when it beat Marseille 5-4 on penalties in the Final in Paris after both teams drew 2-2.

Tonight: Feyenoord - Chelsea!

A sold out match, live on Dutch television, starting 7 p.m. (Dutch time that is ;) )

I'm very curious how the "new" Feyenoord will do?
:)

I think Chelsea will prevail, even though they are for my taste a little bit overrated, they will win the game.

After all, they're a good team anyway.

Report of the official Feyenoord site:

http://www.feyenoord.com/pages/newsdeta ... 00003.aspx

25-07-2007 FEYENOORD FAIL TO FINISH OFF CHELSEA AT DE KUIP: 1-1

Feyenoord missed the chance to turn over Chelsea at De Kuip Wednesday, as the English side claimed a draw in a fascinating preseason warm-up. Bert van Marwijk’s side conceded the lead late in the game after a mistake by Theo Lucius gifted Frank Lampard a goal. Kevin Hofland had given the home side the edge with a first half header and Roy Makaay might have restored the Rotterdammers’ advantage with five minutes left, but the striker scuffed his penalty and Carlo Cudicini saved.

Around 44,000 fans secured a ticket for Chelsea’s second successive preseason visit to De Kuip, hoping that Feyenoord could improve on last year’s 0-1 defeat, and the hosts started in promising fashion against the stellar London outfit. Not that Feyenoord managed to create too many chances mind. Save Roy Makaay’s shot into the side netting and a drive by youngster Royston Drenthe, there was little in the way of goalmouth action. At either end, by the way, as the Premier league side started slowly too.

The game was half an hour old before the Londoners upped the pace, but as soon as they did things started to get stickier in the Feyenoord penalty area. Shevchenko had a nailed-on chance to put Chelsea ahead, when he found himself free in front of Henk Timmer, but Feyenoord’s last man spread himself well to keep out the Ukrainian’s effort. The next effort came from the boot of Frank Lampard, but his shot lacked precision.

Yet with the visitors looking the more threatening it was Feyenoord that struck first, a minute before the break. Hofland exploited a lack of concentration in the Blues defence in the absence of Terry to get on the end of De Guzman’s ball and guide his header past Petr Cech and into the net.

That was the final contribution from Hofland, who was rested in the second half. André Bahia came on in his stead.

The goal ensured that the game was more attractive after the break. It began with a shot from Slory that substitute keeper Cudicini had difficulty defusing. Ron Vlaar was next to have a go, after finding himself in space in the Chelsea box as his fellow defender Hofland had done a little early, but his header across goal was guided around the post by Cudicini. By that time Paulo Ferreira had tested Timmer, but the home goalie passed with flying colours.

Timmer didn’t need to get in front of the ball the next time the visitors came forward, as Wright-Phillips couldn’t keep his hard drive from lifting over the bar, but the attempt was proof that Chelsea were not going to settle for a defeat even by the smallest of margins. Claudio Pizarro was the next to let rip, but his volley was also too high.

When Chelsea finally got the leveller it turned out to be something of a gift from the home side. A Theo Lucius back pass went horribly wrong, landing at the feet of Lampard, who swivelled and shot past Timmer for the equaliser. It was a blow for the hosts, especially as it came within seconds of a Hofs shot at the other end that Cudicini managed to throw himself in front of after some good play by Castelen down the left.

20070725chelsea_castelen_rh.jpg

And there was still time for high drama at De Kuip when Castelen again got himself past Sam Hutchinson in the penalty area only for the defender to bring him down. Makaay stepped up to the plate, but he perhaps let himself by put off by extended protests from the out-of-towners, who complained that the ball was on the spot. Whatever the reason, Makaay didn’t get a good contact on the ball and Cudicini saved.

Feyenoord – Chelsea 1-1
44’ 1-0 Hofland
79’ 1-1 Lampard

Remarks: Makaay penalty miss (85’)

Bookings: -

Referee: Bossen

Feyenoord: Timmer; Lucius, Vlaar, Hofland (46’ Bahia), De Cler; Sahin (70’ D. Buijs), De Guzman (78’ Hofs), Van Bronckhorst (90’ Wijnaldum); Slory (84’ Bruins), Makaay, Drenthe (62’ Castelen)
Chelsea: Cech (46’ Cudicini); Ferreira (78’ Sinclair), Ben Haim (46’ Drogba), Carvalho, Johnson (65’ Diarra); Sidwell (62’ Pizarro), Mikel (67’ Hutchinson), Lampard; Wright-Phillips, Shevchenko, Cole (46’ Malouda)

Saturday, 28th July. Bayern Munich created history when it won the German or Premiere League Cup (Premiere-Ligapokal) for the 6th time after beating Schalke 04 1-0 in the Final held in Leipzig. German international Miroslav Klose, who joined Bayern Munich from Werder Bremen, scored the only goal of the match in the 29th minute. It looks like Bayern had won a trophy this year under new coach Ottmar Hitzfeld. Good work!

For the sixth time? So far, Bayern München won that bloody thing thirteen times!

Saturday, 28th July. French champions Lyon made history once again by winning the Champions Trophy (Trophée des Champions) for the 6th time in a row after defeating Cup holders Sochaux 2-1 at home.

Hmm, I think I know what you mean.

Don't worry though, from this saturday onwards, any posts will be swamped by those made by me and Albie. That's right, the football season is about to start! :yey:

Booked my train and match ticket for the first game of the season today - away at Bristol City. Things are back to normal at QPR: sign a decent player; he breaks his leg in a friendly. ;)

national acrobat said:
Don't worry though, from this saturday onwards, any posts will be swamped by those made by me and Albie. That's right, the football season is about to start! :yey:
With posts like this - filled with anticipation as Southend take on the mighty Orient at Roots Hall this Saturday. :D

Of course I'll stick around as well, just as our good old:

thousand_suns said:
Perun, for your information, Bayern Munich won the German Cup, not the League Cup, 13 times.

:)

Heheh. That told you, Perun. :lol:

Thanks for the review of the Feyenoord-Chelsea match, Forostar. I actually caught a bit of that game on TV, and was impressed by the Dutch side. Makaay is a good signing, and I couldn't believe Bayern Munich would sell him, until I saw a bit of the German Cup, not the League Cup final and discovered Munich have bought Luca Toni and Klose, both top-class forwards. Maybe Munich are a tip to go quite far in the Champions League this season - they've been very disappointing in Europe for the last few years, after being so good in the late 90's.

PSV nailed Real Madrid this weekend!

And Feyenoord-Liverpool 1-1, ain't bad either!

Preparrrre.... forrrr..

the DUTCH return!

:stupid:

Is that kinda like Rocky IV?  When the Dutch rise up and kill Apollo Creed in a one-on-one match?

LooseCannon said:
Is that kinda like Rocky IV?  When the Dutch rise up and kill Apollo Creed in a one-on-one match?
You have no idea! There was actually a small punch-up in the Feyenoord-Liverpool match.

national acrobat said:
Maybe Munich are a tip to go quite far in the Champions League this season - they've been very disappointing in Europe for the last few years, after being so good in the late 90's.
It pains me to say it, but I have a sneaky feeling about Chavski this season. They have the manager and they have had two consecutive nearly there's.

VodaWolph said:
I have to wait an extra week until Farnborough play their first game  :(
*quick google search later* Away to Godalming. :D

Back