Official Football Thread

United States loses to Trinidad & Tobago in their last match. Panama and Honduras both win and U.S.A. ends up 5th in the group and fails to qualify for the World Cup. Crazy.

Messi became Argentina's Messiah whereas USA messed up.

Anyway, the biggest thing of the now finished international break still is that Iceland qualified for the World Cup. They have slightly more people than Norway's second largest city ffs ... I know who I'll be supporting in the World Cup!

United States loses to Trinidad & Tobago in their last match. Panama and Honduras both win and U.S.A. ends up 5th in the group and fails to qualify for the World Cup. Crazy.
Our country is in serious trouble. We don't have victories anymore. We used to have victories, but we don't have them. When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let's say, Brazil in a World Cup? They kill us. I beat Brazil all the time. All the time. When did we beat Europe at anything? They send their footballers over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw an American in the Premier League? It doesn't exist, folks. They beat us all the time. When did we beat Mexico in the qualifications? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us to the World Cup. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us in football. When Europe sends their footballers, they're not sending their best. They're not sending Ronaldo. They're not sending Messi. They're sending footballers that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing injuries. They're bringing diving. They're old players. And some, I assume, are good players. But I speak to Bruce Arena and he tells us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right players.

Last edited:
The U.S. failed to qualify for a World Cup for the first time since 1986, and said World Cup will be played in Russia. In order for them to not even qualify for the Playoff round, Honduras had to beat Mexico and they did.

Plot thickens...

However difficult not qualifying is, we need to keep looking forward. Today I saw an article on the future of Oranje, with mention of the 20 biggest talents, born after 1997.
I'll list them here. Later we can say who did something meaningful for the Dutch team:

Kik Pierie (Heerenveen - 17)
xxl.jpg

Carel Eiting (Ajax - 19)
xxl.jpg

Joël Piroe (PSV - 18)
xxl.jpg

Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Crystal Palace - 19)
xxl.jpg

Deroy Duarte (Sparta - 18)
xxl.jpg

Javairô Dilrosun (Manchester City - 19)
xxl.jpg

Calvin Stengs (AZ - 18)
xxl.jpg

Armando Obispo (PSV - 18)
xxl.jpg

Justin Kluivert (Ajax - 18)
xxl.jpg

Tahith Chong (Manchester United - 17)
Joshua Zirkzee (Bayern München - 16)
xxl.jpg

Sherel Floranus (Sparta - 19)
xxl.jpg

Daishawn Redan (Chelsea - 16)
xxl.jpg

Ferdi Kadioglu (NEC - 18)
xxl.jpg

Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax - 18)
xxl.jpg

Justin Hoogma (Hoffenheim - 19)
xxl.jpg

Perr Schuurs (Fortuna Sittard - 17)
xxl.jpg

Rick van Drongelen (Hamburger SV - 18)
xxl.jpg

Myron Boadu (AZ - 16)
xxl.jpg

Xavi Simons (FC Barcelona - 14)

Last edited:
Arsenal currently in the 2nd phase of their season where they perform well.

1st one was shit start + humiliating results + #WengerOut + season's over.
2nd phase is solid performances and slowly getting back to the top (now).
3rd phase will be the November meltdown, since they start that month with games against Man City and Tottenham, and then later Burnley and Man United.

Beşiktaş is having a blinder in the Champions League. The first ever time a Turkish team started the group stage in the CL winning its first three games.

Arsenal is playing Red Star here in Belgrade tonight. I think Red Star can surprise them considering Wenger is gonna field like 6th choice defence or worse, and some other youth players.

Great Arsenal goal last night. Wiltshire and Walcott involved in the build up. Could this signal a return for form for two of Englands forgotten men?

Ha ha ha ha, will it fuck!!

Also, Paul Scholes is a Ledge.

Arsenal is playing Red Star here in Belgrade tonight. I think Red Star can surprise them considering Wenger is gonna field like 6th choice defence or worse, and some other youth players.
Pffft. Arsenal won 1:0, thanks to a red card for a Red Star player and an offside goal. Sad! #WengerOut!

Back