Official Football Thread

Barcelona desperately needs new management. So many godawful overpays in recent years. Jeremy Mathieu, Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, now Paulinho.

It's been ages since they've brought in a good player from La Masia, too.

Barcelona desperately needs new management. So many godawful overpays in recent years. Jeremy Mathieu, Arda Turan, Andre Gomes, now Paulinho.

It's been ages since they've brought in a good player from La Masia, too.

Don't forget the incredible Douglas.

He seems to have completely transformed the way the team plays. They can quickly push the play upfield by gaining possession in midfield now. He allows Pogba to play more freely, too.

Yes. Matic could turn out to be just as much a key signing as Lukaku. I only watched the first half yesterday, but Matic was really bossing that midfield. But the highlight of the first half, to me, was Rashford's pass to set up Lukaku for the first goal. Just perfect.

If this game was a sign of things to come ... :devil2:

Everton spent 110 million euros on Michael Keane, Jordan Pickford and Gylfi Sigurdsson. Madness.

In other news, Paulinho is apparently completely shocked that Barcelona chose to sign him and is questioning the motive behind signing him instead of the better alternatives. Refreshing bit of realism.

Last edited:
Everton spent 110 million euros on Michael Keane, Jordan Pickford and Gylfi Sigurdsson. Madness.

In other news, Paulinho is apparently completely shocked that Barcelona chose to sign him and is questioning the motive behind signing him instead of the better alternatives. Refreshing bit of realism.

Barcelona also issued a statement that there is absolutely no corruption in this transfer whatsoever and they are threatening to sue anyone who reports about it.

Yeah right.

They will lose badly today (expecting a 3-0, if Messi doesn't create another miracle).

The Champtions League Qualifying Play-Off first legs are taking place this week. Celtic are currently 2-0 up against the Kazakh champions Astana, who have a player called Shitov. :lol:

Barcelona also issued a statement that there is absolutely no corruption in this transfer whatsoever and they are threatening to sue anyone who reports about it.

...expecting a 3-0...
Make that 4 or 5 from what I have seen in this game until now.

Barcelona look like Granada out there. Miserable. Real is toying with them, actively making fun of them even, and they offer no resistance.

What is Valverde smoking? Buys a RB and plays him as RCB against Real fuckin Madrid.

I believe that an average middle aged couch potato football fan would do a better job.

Back