Official Football Thread

Raiola picked up Donnarumma before he made his senior debut, no one could've predicted this shit considering his other 2 Milan clients, Abate and Bonaventura, never made a fuss over renewals. He probably only really cares about players he can milk for money and those two might not be attractive enough.

Raiola pressured his former client Marek Hamsik into leaving Napoli but he refused and fired him instead. Niang fired Raiola too.

I think Donnarumma and Raiola are aware that Real Madrid is looking for a new goalkeeper, and are looking for a move there.

Well then they could've renewed and we would've gotten a world record fee for him, then I would've been way less mad.

That doesn't make sense from a Donnarumma/Raiola perspective though. Signalling the intention to leave and getting the price lower makes sense for them. Makes it more likely that Real go after him.

I know dude, but it's a shitty thing to do to a club that made him who he is. Remember De Gea and the fax machine saga? After his transfer fell through, De Gea renewed to ensure Man Utd gets a high fee out of him Real makes another offer. Griezmann could've left Atletico this summer but chose to stay due to the transfer ban. Dani Alves also stayed because of Barcelona's transfer ban, then left later.

Also, wow: Breaking: Conte reportedly facing sack at Chelsea after questioning the club's ambition on the transfer market

giphy.gif

When Younes Belhanda had a standout season with Montpellier, Fenerbahçe were interested in signing him. In response, the chairman of Montpellier said "I'd rather die than let Belhanda play in Turkey".

4 years later, yesterday, Belhanda arrived in Turkey and signed with Galatasaray. On the same day, the chairman of Montpellier passed away.

Aleksander Ceferin, the president of UEFA, is, according to the Slovenian media, pursuing the introduction of salary cap, to minimize difference between clubs.

It would be very good for the competition, but looking from the other side everyone would go and play in China :D .

Last edited:
Because they all want to win the prestigious Asian Champions League. The top players will still make a ton of money if a wage cap is introduced, so I don't see if affecting the overall quality of European football. If this gets introduced then it might spread the talent around a bit, which would be nice. I'd also like to see restrictions on how active clubs can be in a transfer window.

Well, maybe we can get rid of the money whores in European football :p . Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the introduction of the salary cap and also limited transfer budget per window. If clubs had that, the youth academies and scouts would gain a lot of importance (not that they are not important now, they are :D ).

Back