Official Football Thread

2-1

Versus one of the strongest Euro2016 nations. Makes it (again) painful that we're not out there.

Ah well, I can always stand behind these nice chaps:
864x486.jpg

Last edited:
Depends. Vardy is an awful fit for the current style of play. However, Arsenal also signed Granit Xhaka, a midfielder known for his long passes and are rumoured to have interest in Ricardo Rodriguez, a left back known for his long passes. A change in style is imminent, maybe? I've long advocated to transition into a counter-attacking style so if it's finally happening, good.

Another good part is that Arsene seems to have finally realized that this team is lacking balls. Both Xhaka and Vardy are a bit hot headed. Wouldn't be surprised if Arsene has the Invincibles in mind. Transition into more direct football and adding some tough players.

Interesting thing - my local NASL team, Ottawa Fury, defeated MLS's Vancouver Whitecaps in the first part of their series in the Canadian Championship to see who goes to the 2017 CONCACAF Champion's League.

Centre back with a ton of untapped potential. Quick, tenacious defender who's also good on the ball. Makes mistakes often though.

From what I've seen of him Laurent Koscielny would be a decent comparison.

West Ham signed Sofiane Feghouli. Last year, upon West Ham signing Dimitri Payet, I had this to say

Look out for Dimitri Payet. Great player, perfect fit for Premier League. He could be special.

I feel the same way for Feghouli. West Ham is making great moves.

Back