Official Football Thread

Real Madrid couldn't beat Valladolid, 1-1. 88 for Atlético, 85 for Barcelona, 84 for Real after 36 games. Barring a set of surprises, Barcelona-Atlético match on the last week will decide the champion in Spain.

Atletico can draw both of their remaining games and win the title no matter what Real does. Head-to-head decides the champion in case of a tie and Atletico is better than Real in that case.

Real probably lost their chance with the draw today. If Barça wins both of their games, they'll be the champions. Hopefully Atlético can grab a point at Nou Camp.

Excellent. It has started already:

"What do you know about Manchester United?"

"That's a stupid question"

EDIT:
Sorry Night Prowler, missed your post. I was so eager to post it that I didn't read previous posts.

So not happy with that big fucking oil fun[d] making them the richest country on the planet, they've got to get all fair on us too?!

Last edited:
Norway has topped UEFA's Fair Play table this season, just ahead of Sweden and Finland.

Should I congratulate the Wingman?

Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark seem to top any sort of ranking involving positive things about people. Human development index, Gini index, Equality index, Happiness index, etc.

Norway has topped UEFA's Fair Play table this season, just ahead of Sweden and Finland.

Should I congratulate the Wingman?

If you like to. But it doesn't help my Norwegian favourite team, so meh.

The fair play spot actually goes to a team who play on the 2nd tier this season - Tromsø IL (those who beat Chelsea 3-2 during heavy snowfall back in 1997).

That club have punched above their weight several times in Europe. Their last Europa League campaign was miserable though. Qualifying for the group stage only because Besiktas were disqualified, then finishing the group with one point.

Back