Official Football Thread

You see Lazio fans doing this because Lazio is a big club that plays in one of the most popular championships followed in many countries all over the world. Therefore, it's in the cenre of attention. I see fans doing the same here on a daily basis. It happens everywhere - whether we like it or not. How do you grade nazism, anyway? I don't see a salute as "more Nazi" than a swastika flag or a tattoo, for example.

And Roberto, don't forget this whole thing started because of your statement about Rangers fans. You seem to be following this thread and you should have been aware of the fact that there were people supporting Rangers here and offending them was not the best way to prove a point.

Good lord. Manchester City fuck up away from home again. It makes absolutely no sense that such brilliant players should underperform in a different stadium.

This next match is massive. An Arsenal win could knock out both Manchester teams and perhaps Chelsea out of the title race already, and we can discount Tottenham Hotspur too.
every sport has at least 1 team per year that on paper should be top 3 but don't finish in the top 3. It never fails there's always 1 team.
Is it coaching? Bad luck? Player going through a divorce or some other personal reason who knows

You see Lazio fans doing this because Lazio is a big club that plays in one of the most popular championships followed in many countries all over the world. Therefore, it's in the cenre of attention. I see fans doing the same here on a daily basis.
It happens everywhere - whether we like it or not.
Everywhere? I am not going to underline this. At least not out here in the west. I think it's unusual.
It may happen at some smaller clubs that you know but that only means that these are lucky that they don't have the same attention, and if it happens often then that might mean that it's tolerated, or worse: seen as something normal.
How do you grade nazism, anyway? I don't see a salute as "more Nazi" than a swastika flag or a tattoo, for example.
It's as nazi as a swastika flag or tattoo. It's wrong.

It sounds like Arsenal have been shit so far.

United were the better team before half time, and the lead was deserved. Arsenal improved their game in the second half, but they didn't create clear-cut chances. Anyway, this win was important for United. Very much so, because it showed that United intend to be part of the title race - and now they are.

I must say, I am surprised that Chelsea and Man City haven't followed Arsenal so far. I love it, though :D

The ultra's may be of a different bred indeed*. Compared to the rest of the Lazio supporters, but also compared to other clubs. I guess we can all agree about that. I don't know about any other club known so much for the nazi salute, in the last decade or so.

* assuming that the ultra's means: the hardcore (extreme) supporters and not the total fanbase.

That final assumption is a bit bold. Ultra generally doesn't refer to fans with extreme political views. However, it is true for many Italian ultras groups, and the Lazio ultras certainly among those.

Today is the derby day here: Galatasaray being guests to Fenerbahçe. Seeing how off-form we are and how on-form Fenerbahçe is, I'm not too hopeful of this game. Besides, we haven't won a single game in their stadium since 1999.

We lost 2-0, unsurprisingly. 14th straight game at their stadium without a win. Fenerbahçe are now 9 points ahead of us, I don't think we'll win the championship this year.

You should have kept your thoughts to yourself at the start of the season then. :P

Bizarre Premier League season so far. Arsenal and Liverpool have been the most consistent teams so far but have recently shown weaknesses that cast doubt on their ability to challenge for the league title in the long run. Manchester City and Chelsea have the strongest squads but have been woefully inconsistent, although you could say that Manchester City have been consistent away from home. :D Manchester United have underperformed many times and today's result doesn't change that. This is already the most interesting Premier League season for years and we're only in November. :eek:

It's the third time his injury (it's the same injury that kept him from playing against PSG) came back in just 7 months so it's a little bit worrying.

Back