Official Football Thread

national acrobat said:
Hello everyone - I'm back after a short hiatus. :)
Welcome back :)

national acrobat said:
John Gregory. Most people will remember him as manager of Aston Vanilla in the late '90's, but he played for QPR back in the '80's(?) and seems to have the club's best interests at heart - he is after all a West London boy.
Most people will also remember him for threatening to shoot Yorke had a been armed with a pistol. :D
John Gregory had a good spell at Wycombe and a good spell at Villa, so he could well be your man. Good luck with that. Lets not talk of Shrimpers recent run of dire results.

Albie said:
Welcome back :)
Thanks!

Regarding Southend's recent poor form (sorry, I am talking of it!), it's still early doors. We moved from bottom of the league to 16th in a week with two good results, so if Southend can get a win or two they'll move right out of the relegation battle - it's important not to get sucked into that by about the start of December. Fingers crossed Freddie will hit form soon. :ok:

Welcome back NA :ok:

Tonight could be full of surprises... I mean Ireland could actually win a game.  That's just wishful thinking :innocent:

EDIT:  I just saw the England result.  I won't say a word.
:yey:

Only joking, you know I love you really.

Sorry to all the guys from England.  It could be different in London next game.  That'll be much tougher.

Congrats to Wales and N. Ireland.
I was surprized that Serbia took so long to score.  After the missed penalty is could have went badly. 
Germany won big no surprize.  I'm surprized that the Czechs did not win.

Genghis Khan said:
Sorry to all the guys from England.  It could be different in London next game.  That'll be much tougher.
You don't know how funny that post is. The next game England play in London could be so far away that my unborn son (to be named Wayne, naturally) might be playing in it.

Wem-ber-ley.....Wem-ber-ley..... :(

national acrobat said:
You don't know how funny that post is. The next game England play in London could be so far away that my unborn son (to be named Wayne, naturally) might be playing in it.
I don't know, they may play the oddgame at the Emirates Stadium - should the FA prise them away from Old Trafford. ;)

Sweden continue on their victory trail. Keep up the good work! :ok:

Surprising win for Austria against Switzerland in their friendly (2:1) :blink:.

No comment about England.  -_-

GO CHICAGO BEARS!!!!

...oh, this thread is about the other football

A post like the above is usually considered to be spamming, although I think this particular example is tolerable. However, what I don't consider tolerable, wardog666, is your signature. While the occasional vulgarity is allowed, such messages in a signature are very unpleasant, and I am politely asking you to change it.

northern-ireland_hotelsuk.jpg

Live with it! :p

Conor said:
Perun, he's American, have pity on him ;)
In fairness, Conor, he knew what Football the thread was about before posting. So in reality, he indeed did spam.

Albie said:
In fairness, Conor, he knew what Football the thread was about before posting. So in reality, he indeed did spam.
And Perun and I haven't been spamming?

Back