Official Beer Thread

Currently drinking Double Maxim, which is a heck of a lot nicer than I remember it as a teen. It's Sunderland's own traditional brown ale (Wearsiders wouldn't touch Newcastle Brown when I lived there), dating back to the early 1900s. It was once made at Sunderland's Vaux brewery, but after that closed in 2000, a small craft brewery acquired the rights and recipe, and started brewing it itself. It's pleasantly rich without being at all bitter.

345909011_0_640x640.jpg

Just bought a couple of these, impressed!

During the job interview the boss was telling me about the companies they work with and he's like "bla inc, the bla, bla bla, SCHNEIDER..." and I'm like "woah, the beer?!" and he's like "no, it's an electrical company."

:(

During the job interview the boss was telling me about the companies they work with and he's like "bla inc, the bla, bla bla, SCHNEIDER..." and I'm like "woah, the beer?!" and he's like "no, it's an electrical company."

:(
:lol: And they weren't worried about you being obsessed with beer and disinterested in everything else?

Tried a can of Brewdog Punk IPA last night, and it was without a doubt the worst drink I have ever tasted. Was a horrible tasting combination of weird fruits and drain cleaner. Down the sink straight away

Back