Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Wizard

Pleb Hunter
Iron Maiden have surprised us all and started announcing 2020 tour dates before the 2019 tour has finished. Well played Rod, well played.

Saturday 15th June, Download Festival
Monday 15th June, Belsonic Festival

Unfortunately these will be the only UK shows from Iron Maiden in 2020. Sad!

Bruce comments "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour, so it is terrific to be able to accept the invitation to return to Download in 2020 and we will certainly go to town and add a few extra items to the show. This will be our seventh time headlining at Donington Park. It's home turf and we all really enjoy playing this Festival, the vibe from the crowd is always fantastic, and it’s great to be returning to Belfast, this time for a Festival date too.”

This sounds like it will be LOTB3, which is pretty bad news in my opinion. I also hate Download Festival. :mad:

Last edited:
Hopefully surprising absolutely no one. Still, even with all the hints that (in retrospect anyway) were very, very obvious indications this would be happening, I'm kinda tempted to call this lame and dumb, what with the new album (presumably?) being done already and all.

Free conspiracy theory because I know you all love those: the next album will be called Legacy of the Beast, include a song by the same name and it'll be played next year. Proper tour in 2021, assuming Nicko still is up for it.

So…
Maybe a live album and dvd of this tour or they will wait to Donnington to record it?
Steve's British Lion new album and tour
Bruce tour ' an evening with…'
Adrian book and maybe the blues album

It's a very generic Download By Numbers line-up. Disappointing and predictable. I expect In Flames, Dragonforce and Bullet for my Valentine will be there too.

One can only hope that Gojira are on the Saturday.

This sounds like it will be LOTB3, which is pretty bad news in my opinion.

I agree. A 3rd leg of LOTB tour when you have an album recorded and ready to be released? I understand that this tour is one of their best (if not the best) and has an incredible stage design, but if the 3rd leg is 3 months with 20 dates - why they do not played them during the current leg... I mean, they are still amazing live and it will be not a problem, except if they planning to play more than 20 dates (40+) ... (Priest latest tour was 143 dates with 18 dates cancelled or postponed - yeah, they have 2 young members now (Richie and Andy), Scott is younger than Nicko, but the dates in 2018 were 104 ! ).

They keep extending the History/Hits tours:
- Early Days tour (2005) 1 year
- SBIT (2008/2009) 2 years
- ME tour (2012/2014) 3 years
- LOTB tour (2018/2020) 3 years so far... I'm afraid for 4 years... :ninja:

Maybe a live album and dvd of this tour or they will wait to Donnington to record it?

The good thing is that Download Festival always stream 3 or 4 songs, so we will have another pro-shot videos (plus RIR live stream, but it will be shit) from the current tour. The low point is that Donington always starts when is still day and the current stage design (like most of the stage designs) is best during night. The Spitfire will not come as a effective surprise during day.

But of course if they release a video/DVD from this tour we will not have to worry about that :p DVD will be surprising since they do not released one for Live Chapter. Live album is almost given. I hope not to be in the style of Live Chapter (filming wise/frames and songs from different concerts.... Flight 666 was best at that). From one show will be great.

They could release the video/DVD before the 3rd leg (Christmas gift), but that is unlikely.

The fact that they never specifically said that "That these shows are part of LOTB" probably means that they aren't part of this tour. This HAS to be the start of an album tour.

Like @GhostofCain I have booked a hotel in Derby in case I decide to go. Two nights, refundable and right across the road from the train station - where the Download shuttle bus picks up & drops off!

I'm sure I'll see them abroad too but it looks like Maidenfans London 2020 won't be happening. :( If the Belfast show was on a weekend then I would do it.

From Blabbermouth:
"IRON MAIDEN will return to Donington next year to headline Download festival on Saturday night, in what will be one of only two homecoming U.K. festival shows in 2020. The London band have had countless No.1 records, including their most recent studio double album, 2015's "The Book Of Souls", in over 40 countries, as well as being hailed as one of the greatest live acts of all time. They've spent the summer on their historic and critically acclaimed "Legacy Of The Beast" North American tour, based on their award winning mobile game of the same name, which has been deemed by fans and national and rock media alike as "MAIDEN's most monumental show and best setlist ever," so get ready, Downloaders, this is one performance you won't want to miss.

MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson said: "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour, so it is terrific to be able to accept the invitation to return to Download in 2020 and we will certainly go to town and add a few extra items to the show. This will be our seventh time headlining at Donington Park. It's home turf and we all really enjoy playing this festival, the vibe from the crowd is always fantastic.""

I think the underlined segments clinch it (in case one was not convinced yet): it will be LOTB again. Let's just hope this umpteenth leg will be what GMETID was to Dance of Death and its tour.

If it was the LOTB tour, they would say so. Bruce is being very cagey with his words because they haven’t announced the new album yet. The 2020 tour will be the new album tour. I’ll bet my account on it.

:rolleyes:
If it was the LOTB tour, they would say so. Bruce is being very cagey with his words because they haven’t announced the new album yet. The 2020 tour will be the new album tour. I’ll bet my account on it.
As a mod I will take that bet. :ninja:
Bruce comments "Next year we will play a number of countries and cities we have yet to visit on this incredible tour, so it is terrific to be able to accept the invitation to return to Download in 2020 and we will certainly go to town and add a few extra items to the show.
Bruce is literally saying that the LOTB tour is going to new countries and cities with some additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back