NOW WATCHING

ok yesterday I went to the opera! it was a double feature meaning two in one. it was Il Tabarro (the cloak) and Pagliaccio (players, clowns). The cloak was fucking BORING! Not until the last 5 minutes was it interesting. Paglaccio on the other hand ROCKED! if you rcognize the name you've probably heard "Riiiiiieeee Pagliaaaccciioo" either in a Seinfeld episode inspired by the opera or in the NiSSAN Sentra add with the water balloon fight. It was awesome. Both about betrayal and both end in DEATH! good show.
Then my GF and I rented Quest For Fire which again was a VERY good movie! I like the song now hehe. well I like it more.

OMFG! I just saw "The Grudge!" It was a REALLY good movie. a lot of people don't seem to like it, but I loved it. Not going into much detail it struck close to home. I don't think anybody was murdered in my previous house, but the noises and prescence were definately there! I hope i can sleep tonight. I liked it more than the ring for the simple fact that this one WAS scaring unlike The Ring simply being suspenseful. I also like the fact that the evil isn't vanquished (the Eastern view of evil)

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Oct 29 2004, 12:24 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Oct 29 2004, 12:24 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]OMFG! I just saw "The Grudge!" It was a REALLY good movie. a lot of people don't seem to like it, but I loved it. Not going into much detail it struck close to home. I don't think anybody was murdered in my previous house, but the noises and prescence were definately there! I hope i can sleep tonight. I liked it more than the ring for the simple fact that this one WAS scaring unlike The Ring simply being suspenseful. I also like the fact that the evil isn't vanquished (the Eastern view of evil)
[snapback]90428[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That's pretty much the way I felt about this movie but you might have liked it more than I did judging from what you wrote. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I also saw "Saw" recently which was an awesome flick. I thought it was quite good but apparently some people hated it. The ending was excellent as well and I heartily recommend it.

I just saw The Order with Heath Ledger. It's about two priests hunting down a Sin Eater. The Sin Eater is Catholic but he is also a heretic because as you know, only God can absolve you of your sins and the Sin Eater takes over that role, he plays God, so he is excommunicated. Alex (Ledger) and another Carolingian priest hunt this guy down. It is an interesting moving, somewhat slow but good none the less. If you do watch it do so expecting nothing.

I saw The incredibles saturday and it was great. If you liked Shrek, you should go see that movie. I also saw Team America, it was funny but The Incredible was better.

Last night I saw "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism". It's probably of no interest to non-Americans, but every US citizen (especially Republicans) should be strapped down and required to watch this. It's an account of how the Fox "News" is actually not presenting news at all, but carefully crafted Republican propaganda. This is something that any sane American already knows, but it's still shocking to see all the evidence piled up in one place.

I just bought "The Day After Tomorrow" on DVD, looking forward to watching it shortly...

Shrek 2, its pretty good [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I finally went to the movies after a month of simply renting them. I saw National Treasure and I was pleasantly surprised. I found it a very good movie and the best I've seen this year (compared to the bourne supremacy and other crap that's been out). I found everything in this movie just right, the dialogue, the action, the puzzle. My only complaint would be that Nicholas Cage solved things rather quickly (when nobody else came even close before him), but again its a movie. Very entertaining and very original.

I didn't watch in on pourpouse but it was the only thing on and I wasn't feeling like reading so I watched, to my shame, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on HBO and me has to say it's a pretty crappy movie. Good effects, but I don't see why the big fuss about HP

I rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind today. It was a brilliant movie that told a story about the true nature of love. Easily Jim Carrey's finest performance so far in his career. Rent it now!

Ace, the HP movies suck. If you want to know where the magic is, read the books.

I enjoyed the HP movies, I'm not reading the books and I saw the movies by force (my girlfriend made me [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) but they were enjoyable.

[!--QuoteBegin-wildestdream+Nov 6 2004, 10:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wildestdream @ Nov 6 2004, 10:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]errr last film i saw was alien vs predator 2 gd film
[snapback]91079[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Is a good film. Doesn't compare with Predator 1 or Alien 1 though.

Well thought out, not just some cheep budget movie either, plenty of effects. Worth a watch

OK, I confess:

The last film I saw was the new Bridget Jones film. [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To be honest with you, I thought it was quite funny at places.

Mind you, I saw it with a girl, so there's your excuse.

Just saw Goodbye Lenin again....it's awesome.

It's a German film with English subtitles. Some guy's mom goes into a coma before the fall of the Berlin Wall, and when she wakes up, the world has changed dramatically....simply a phenomonal movie.

Back