NOW WATCHING

NightProwler666 said:
I just rewatched Deep Impact, my favorite disaster/apocalyptic movie.

Deep Impact was a really good movie that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves thanks to the piece of crap that is armageddon...

Shadow said:
I just saw Mulholland Drive...

I just watched this a second time, and liked it a lot more. Knowing what was going to happen in advance made it a lot easier to piece it together.

portermoresby said:
Next I'm going to watch Dark City

Pretty good movie, although I thought things happened a little too fast towards the end.

Onhell said:
Deep Impact was a really good movie that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves thanks to the piece of crap that is armageddon...
I wouldn't say that Armageddon is a piece of crap (well, not entirely - Steve Buscemi is fantastic in that movie), but Deep Impact is a much, much better movie. Also, Armageddon has the best Aerosmith song in its soundtrack. Disaster movies are my guilty pleasure :)

About Inception: great movie, a little confusing, but still great. DiCaprio is an amazing actor.

NightProwler666 said:
I wouldn't say that Armageddon is a piece of crap (well, not entirely - Steve Buscemi is fantastic in that movie), but Deep Impact is a much, much better movie. Also, Armageddon has the best Aerosmith song in its soundtrack. Disaster movies are my guilty pleasure :)

About Inception: great movie, a little confusing, but still great. DiCaprio is an amazing actor.

Agree about Armageddon. It's trash but enjoyable none the less. However "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" is nowhere near Aerosmith's best song and Inception is NOT confusing. Give yourself some credit. I honestly think people are so baffled by how dull the whole thing is that think they somehow missed the point. You didn't miss the point, it's just not a great picture.

snake plissken said:
However "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" is nowhere near Aerosmith's best song
Yeah, I should've said MY FAVORITE Aerosmith song.

snake plissken said:
Inception is NOT confusing. Give yourself some credit. I honestly think people are so baffled by how dull the whole thing is that think they somehow missed the point.
The thing that "confused" me, or better - annoyed me - is that in the end I forgot why did they go into that man's dream after all. So yeah, I missed the point if there is one.

The ONLY point in Inception is Dicaprio wanting to go back "home" and see his kids. Apparently he is running from the law and the Japanese guy can help them... cue rest of movie.

A few nights ago I watched Ed Harris' Pollock. I've always been interest in biographic books and biopics, even more so when they're about troubled, difficult personalities such as Pollock's. It has good rhythm, it's not over the top, and Marcia Gay Harden was just right in the part of the good angel who tries to save Pollock from himself (and she's cute in an understated way, too)

I watched Battle: Los Angelese today. It's really exciting, effects are great, but the story is kinda predictable. Generally, I'm satisfied, I got what I expected (and wanted).

Watching Dial M For Murder really good movie and really not too many women ever looked better in movies than Grace Kelly

Watched Red Riding Hood... aesthetically stunning, but other than that total crap, pretty much just Twilight 4, I wish they would have given it a serious treatment.

Just back from Sucker Punch. Seriously, why the fuck do I do it to myself. A truly appalling movie. How many more poxy slow motion "action" sequences do we need? The lead actress was laughably bad and was acted off the screen by her own fake eyelashes. AVOID!!!

I'm still going to watch it :D

Just got back from The Lincoln Lawyer. Really good movie. You can tell it is based on the book from all the stuff that they show and don't tell that probably carries more weight in the book, starting by the title of the movie.

3/5

Watched parts 1 and 2 of "The Killing" , a new show on AMC.  I think they have another winner here, the show really sucked me in.  Basic story is a detective in Seattle is about to move and get married when an interesting/brutal case comes up.

Saw the Lincoln Lawyer, I had read the book and the movie stayed pretty true to the story.  I thought it was a pretty solid legal drama.

Limitless - interesting theme, good acting.
Paul - I got what I expected, great exciting SF comedy.
Source Code - a little confusing, but good.

Hop... a straight forward movie for kids with little to no fun for adults (unlike Wall-E, Cats and Dogs, etc), but still amusing enough.

Back