NOW WATCHING

Genghis Khan said:
Hah-hah.  That's where I learned of 'The Room'.  Nostalgia Critic is great.  Love the sarcasm!

I suggest you watch Brad Jones' sketch where he reenacts it and I believe Spoony's review prior to his Deadliest Warrior one has a cameo from the french guy impersonating Wasseu or however you spell it.

Watched a truly bizarre documentary called Big River Man about a guy swimming from one side of the Amazon to the other. Has to be seen to be believed. There are some crazy bastards out there.

Will-I-Am said:
I remember seeing that movie with my father very young something like 10 years old,
and despite I was very young to notice actors' performances and such stuff,
I remember to have been completely impressed by Scott. I need to see him again.

I've been told about two interesting entries : The new Stalone movie with an Arnold Swarzenegger in guest appearance,
as well as the new Batman which apparently is turning to be one of the biggest movies ever -quality wise and box office as well.

I liked to see them both. Anybody's seen them already ??

I've seen The Dark Knight, and I thought it was good, but I also think it's terribly overrated. It's stretched way too long and they tried to put way too much in it.

Perun said:
I've seen The Dark Knight, and I thought it was good, but I also think it's terribly overrated. It's stretched way too long and they tried to put way too much in it.
I really liked TDK but thought Inception was a pile of garbage. It can be a lonely road, hating a big movie :)

Perun said:

Most probably you're right. While I do have it, I want to see Batman Begins first, which apparently is underrated.
And I should better hurry up to do this, cause part III will arrive here soon.

I liked Batman Begins more than Dark Knight, to be honest.  And I've seen the latter too many times, someone always wants to watch it and I end up going along.

Yeah, I mean, Batman connoisseur knows there can't be one better than the masterpiece that is Batman & Robin :innocent:

LooseCannon said:
it features what I consider to be one of the greatest acting performances in the history of film: George C. Scott as Patton.

He was great alright, but I can also imagine that you have special interest in the subject as well. The portyal was one of a very interesting and real person.

The following is not meant to underestimate your knowledge of cinema but the history of film is quite huge.
I can understand that this performance was the greatest you have seen. At the same time we can assume you are still going to see many great performances, depending on what you find interesting?

Hmm I wonder what I find the best performance I've ever seen. I need to think this over, and may come back with this in the Classic Cinema topic.

As always, Foro, I am willing to re-evaluate in the future if needed. And I said one of…and I am sure there are others. Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch is another that comes immediately to mind.

I am reading crappy lately. Sorry for that...

I really like the film too. Pretty shocking at times as well, the way he treated that soldier.

Interestingly enough that's one of the accounts they got somewhat very right and very wrong. The part where he slapped the soldier was almost exactly how it happened in the hospital. What you don't see is that the real Patton went back and apologized to him on his own about 6 hours later after a nap. The soldier was also afflicted with malaria, which was why he was feeling poor. Patton had been up for 48 hrs straight.

But it doesn't pull many punches with it to make him look good. They show him how he was. A tough, hardnosed sonofabitch who didn't care who died so he could get what he wanted, where he wanted, when he wanted.

Onhell said:
I suggest you watch Brad Jones' sketch where he reenacts it and I believe Spoony's review prior to his Deadliest Warrior one has a cameo from the french guy impersonating Wasseu or however you spell it.

I'll tell my friend.  We watch it at his place.  He'll want to know if he doesn't already.  Thanks.
Shadow said:
No, it's just as overrated as The Dark Knight.

Nah!  They were both highly entertaining.
Onhell said:
Yeah, I mean, Batman connoisseur knows there can't be one better than the masterpiece that is Batman & Robin :innocent:

Actually, I didn't mind that one.  My high school girlfriend and I saw it in a theatre.  I recall remarking that Drew Barrymore looked hot in white stockings, after she had a thing to say about Robin.

Caught the double feature of Double Indemnity, and The Postman Always Rings Twice.

The Vancouver Cinematheque has featured film noirs all month.  Although I've seen both films countless times before, theres something special about seeing them played on a 35mm print.

Double Indemnity being everything a Noir should be (I'd go as far as calling it my favorite noir), and Postman being good fun, overall it was a fantastic evening.

Double Indemnity fun fact that contains spoilers
The film of course is based off of a novella. However the novella ends with a double suicide. The problem with that, was, in 1944, the Hays Production Code was still in effect, which meant that suicide in a motion picture was strictly forbidden. Frustrating really, seeing how the rest of the movie goes to great length to be as accurate as possible to the book.  

Piranha 3D I slag off 3D every chance I get. Too many times film makers come out with garbage like, "it's a great way to enhance the story". What a load of bollocks!

3D has been and always will be at its best throwing stuff at the screen in an effort to get a cheap scare. Piranha 3D excels at this. It also nods at Jaws and even Back to the Future but crucially, Kelly Brook is in it looking AMAZING and yes, her baps come out....a lot, and they are good  :wub:

Bottom line, it's disgusting. Eli Roth is in it which gives you a idea of the kind of movie it is. But it delivers more fun than any so called blockbuster so far this summer. 3/5.

I saw The Expendables last night.

It was exactly what I hoped for.

The movie had lots of explosions that were too big to be real, and people getting shot and chopped up in ways that can only be described as action-riffic! The plot probably had massive holes in it, but I didn't pay too much attention. I was too busy watching Jet Li and Dolph Lundgren fight it out. Also, the chemistry between Jason Statham and Sylvester Stallone was incredible - they worked very well off each other, and are at least somewhat talented actors when given some form of script. It's not a realistic film, but if you like over-the-top 1980's-style action, go see it.

snake plissken said:
Piranha 3D I slag off 3D every chance I get. Too many times film makers come out with garbage like, "it's a great way to enhance the story". What a load of bollocks!

3D has been and always will be at its best throwing stuff at the screen in an effort to get a cheap scare. Piranha 3D excels at this. It also nods at Jaws and even Back to the Future but crucially, Kelly Brook is in it looking AMAZING and yes, her baps come out....a lot, and they are good   :wub:

Bottom line, it's disgusting. Eli Roth is in it which gives you a idea of the kind of movie it is. But it delivers more fun than any so called blockbuster so far this summer. 3/5.
Agreed, It's MEANT to be a bad movie. That's why my dad and I loved it, we get what we pay for- a cheesy movie about killer piranhas.

Back