NOW WATCHING

Ok, speaking of bad movies, does anyone remember "The Night Of The Creeps"?  A friend and I were talking about that the other day, and I need to find it.  IIRC, it was about these slugs from outter space that got in the bodies of college girls.  Don't recall the rest, but that pretty much sums up the movie.  :bigsmile:

Last night I started watching the re-imagined series of Battlestar Galactica. The miniseries DVD could at least have both episodes seperated but at least it was very watchable.

Chev Chellios said:
Agreed, It's MEANT to be a bad movie. That's why my dad and I loved it, we get what we pay for- a cheesy movie about killer piranhas.

Speaking of "meant to be bad" movies, who remembers "Snakes on a Plane?" That movie was awesome.

Onhell said:
Speaking of "meant to be bad" movies, who remembers "Snakes on a Plane?" That movie was awesome.

Never seen it.  As soon as I saw Samuel Jackson as a star in it, even with a cheesy title (and almost certain -- lousy plot), I stayed away. 

Speaking of "meant to be bad" movies, do chick flicks count?  I've seen 'Leap Year'.  It is about a Bostonian girl who tries to fly to Ireland to meet her fiancee as she is supposedly allowed to ask him to marry on a certain leap year according to some tradition.  On the way there, she falls in love with someone else, unbeknownst to her, until the last minute.  You didn't need to read that brief plot synopsis to know the content, did you?

Next week, I plan on seeing 'The Expendables'.

Black Wizard said:
Last night I started watching the re-imagined series of Battlestar Galactica. The miniseries DVD could at least have both episodes seperated but at least it was very watchable.

I re-watched the whole 5 seasons from start to finish recently. Quality show that rarely misses a beat.

A friend of mine lent me Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. I saw second one when I was a kid and had vague memories of it, but never saw the first one. I have to say BOTH of them are about the cheesiest action movies EVER. The first one has an over dramatic soundtrack and thin plot. At first it just seems like a bunch of random action scene put together. The second one is just pure testosterone/S&M awesomeness. I couldn't help but laugh through out the entire movie. Granted a lot of what they did in them wasn't cheesy/cliche yet, but looking at them now it is hard to believe they are such iconic movies. I recommend them.

Onhell said:
A friend of mine lent me Mad Max and Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. I saw second one when I was a kid and had vague memories of it, but never saw the first one. I have to say BOTH of them are about the cheesiest action movies EVER. The first one has an over dramatic soundtrack and thin plot. At first it just seems like a bunch of random action scene put together. The second one is just pure testosterone/S&M awesomeness. I couldn't help but laugh through out the entire movie. Granted a lot of what they did in them wasn't cheesy/cliche yet, but looking at them now it is hard to believe they are such iconic movies. I recommend them.

Both movies are certified classics IMO, I actually prefer part 2. Did NOT see that ending  :eek:

I have not seen the Mad Max series since I was a kid either, but I loved all three of them.  I even taped the Tina Turner sound track off Beyond Thunderdome because I thought the song was so cool.  That was before my metal days.  If the 4th one ever comes out, I'll be wanting to see it.

Genghis Khan said:
I have not seen the Mad Max series since I was a kid either, but I loved all three of them.  I even taped the Tina Turner sound track off Beyond Thunderdome because I thought the song was so cool.  That was before my metal days.  If the 4th one ever comes out, I'll be wanting to see it.

Yeah it's a pity Mel Gibson turned out to be such a lunatic because old or not he's the only Max I wanna see. A remake would suck and a new Max would blow :(

I've noticed all mel gibson movies are the exact same thing though. Mad max: they mess with his family, goes nuts, gets revenge. Braveheart: they kill his wife, goes nuts, gets revenge. Lethal weapon movies: went to Nam, goes nuts, suffers PTSD, mess with his partner's family gets revenge... Payback... well that one says it all... lol, etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention Apocalypto (as a director): Some Mayan guys destroy the village, Jaguar Paw gets nuts and kill them all  :D 

Onhell said:
I've noticed all mel gibson movies are the exact same thing though. Mad max: they mess with his family, goes nuts, gets revenge. Braveheart: they kill his wife, goes nuts, gets revenge. Lethal weapon movies: went to Nam, goes nuts, suffers PTSD, mess with his partner's family gets revenge... Payback... well that one says it all... lol, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah, especially Passion of the Christ. Guy gets crucified, resurrects, goes nuts, gets... oh wait, that's gonna be the sequel.

snake plissken said:
I re-watched the whole 5 seasons from start to finish recently. Quality show that rarely misses a beat.

An excellent series, there were a few brief low moments, but overall a teriffic series.

I loved BSG. I thought the middle of the series kinda got stuck, but that last season was dark and moved quickly. Great ending!

Started watching the John Adams HBO mini-series.  Parts 1 and 2 were excellent.  Looking forward to the rest.

Two days ago I saw 'The Expendables'.  Before the show I expected explosions, plenty of fighting and gun violence.  The movie did not disappoint.  What I did not expect was a movie that had a natural flowing conversation between all the action stars.  That was a delightful surprize.  Stallone did a fabulous job with the movie, co-writing and directing and of course acting.  He wisely stepped aside and received in this film and it shows in some of the conversations.  Mickey Rourke performed the best as expected.  The storyline is simple, but it works well as it allows the action to flow.

Back