NOW WATCHING

I'm going to see Avatar tonight. I'm curious if it's as mind-blowing as it's made to be.

I am curious what you think about it (without wanting to know anything about the story naturally ;) ).

I am not that eager to go but I am still interested because this was the most expensive film ever made right?

The trailer looked like a computergame movie to me.

If there's a good story, I think I'll go. If the story is lacking, I won't. Graphics are a way to sell the story. If it is computer-generated graphics, so be it.

I'll put it this way:

It seemed to me that the story was there before the pictures. That is, the film was made to tell the story. The story is, admittedly, a bit clichéd, especially towards the end, but it's still a good one.

And the pictures were great. It was far beyond any computer game I've ever seen.

Actually, the more I look back at the film, the more I realise how generic the story was.

I have exactly the same feeling. It was an entertaining rollercoaster ride of special effects, but it didn't make much of a lasting impression.

Yesterday me and my brother were watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine that he downloaded from the Free H.D. Movies website. As we were watching that movie we found that it wasn't completely edited. Even captions appear in several scenes but I hope I'll get to watch this movie on D.V.D. someday ;)
X-MenOrigins-Wolverine.jpg

That, and the fact that you could tell exactly how they were going to use every item or plot element introduced later in the film.

That said, it was a perfect execution of a traditional story with a new element. But it was only...pretty good. Fairly good. Not too bad. I enjoyed it, but I wish it was a little...shorter.

Was that Onhell?  weird.

Am I correct in understanding that the movie is sort of a metaphor for

The way the 'Americans' took the land from the Native Americans?

That, and

how we should generally treat the world better.

The message was alright, but the general story could/should have been better.

This is why I'm not interested in this movie.  Pretty much every review I've read says the same thing:  excellent graphics,  cliche story.  Personally I don't think it's worth spending 12 Euros (at least that's what a friend of mine payed) just because of the excellent 3D viewing.  Since the technology is out there,  there will be many such films to come in the future,  hopefully with an original story.

What I want to watch is Sherlock Holmes,  because of Guy Ritchie directing it.  I admit I wasn't impressed by the trailer,  it seemed more action oriented,  and had this "Hollywood influence" which usually ruins it for me,  but the guy has done some really good movies,  and I really like Sherlock Holmes,  so I'll get back to you once I see it.

SneakySneaky said:
What I want to watch is Sherlock Holmes,  because of Guy Ritchie directing it.  I admit I wasn't impressed by the trailer,  it seemed more action oriented,  and had this "Hollywood influence" which usually ruins it for me,  but the guy has done some really good movies,  and I really like Sherlock Holmes,  so I'll get back to you once I see it.

I have seen it on January the 2nd, in Poland.

I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan, so I had to go. I have read all the stories and seen most films and series, so first I had to adjust myself to the modern feel of this film, and the swift progression. The story is not the most original, but I am pretty sure you people are going to like the film.

As said, the tempo is at a very quick pace, with a lot of action, and there's quite a lot of humor as well.

Without revealing too much, I especially loved the way the maker "portrayed" the genius mind of Holmes. The thinking, the deducting, it looks pretty awesome.

And on top of that: 19th century London looks tremendous! A couple of times I had to think of the cover of Brave New World, but then in opposite chronological direction (Brave Old World ;) ).

IM -Flight 666 the documentary

:eek: Fucking amazing!!
I now realised what they did, it must have been a lot of fun flighting that plane  :ok:

Extremely interesting watch  :)

It's good to know that you liked it Foro since I know how much you like Sherlock Holmes.  I'll write my opinion as soon as I watch it.

I hope I didn't set the expectations too high.. :)
After all, it's Hollywood, and some scenes are kind of over-the-top, but imho not annoying.

To tell the truth,  I keep telling myself that it probably won't be that good,  so I can go with rather low expectations,  but at the same time I'm really eager to watch it,  which probably means that I failed to lower them. :p

Back