NOW WATCHING

I have watched a butt load of movies recently.
Blood Diamond- Really great acting and the story line was intense.  I feel ashamed to own a diamond after watching this! 

Juno- Funny Movie and worth renting.  Nothing like a mailbox full of orange.......?

The Stand- I rented this 4 part made for TV saga and sat through the whole 6 hours.  Absoulute Stephen King!  I liked all the songs that were chosen to fit with the story line, such as Don't Fear The reaper and AC/DC etc. 

Cloverfield- I really liked this movie a lot.  I didn't go see it in theaters because I suffer from vertigo but It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Hard Candy- This movie is about a female taking total control of an online predator.  Quite the opposite and very intense.  For any guy who watches this, hold on to your balls!  OUCH!

And today I went to see Iron Man.  Loved it.  Everyone go see it!!!  I will go see it again for a second time.

First off, Juno and Hard Candy are great movies, watch them!

Two days ago I saw the movie To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Judie Newmar. It's a wonderfully uplifting movie about three drag queens who travel across America to make it to the nationwide drag queen contest for drag queen of the year. Naturally, some things don't turn out as expected and they are stranded in a small village in Texas. Utter fabulousness ensues. To put the icing on the cake, the three drag queens are played by Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo to a rather high degree of believability.

Yesterday I saw Iron Man, and was pleased to hear both ACDC and Black Sabbath in the soundtrack. It's a cool movie, with lots of explosions and orgasmic moments with the new Audi R8, showcased in the film. The best would have been, however, had the suit been disguised as the Audi and at a whim he could have transformed into Iron Man inside the car.....*daydream*

Natalie said:
Two days ago I saw the movie To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Judie Newmar. It's a wonderfully uplifting movie about three drag queens who travel across America to make it to the nationwide drag queen contest for drag queen of the year. Naturally, some things don't turn out as expected and they are stranded in a small village in Texas. Utter fabulousness ensues. To put the icing on the cake, the three drag queens are played by Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo to a rather high degree of believability.

Sounds very like Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert with Terence Stamp, Guy Pierce and Hugo Weaving. Same premise, except in Australia. Very funny film, and has some good serious parts too.

Natalie said:
Yesterday I saw Iron Man, and was pleased to hear both ACDC and Black Sabbath in the soundtrack. It's a cool movie, with lots of explosions and orgasmic moments with the new Audi R8, showcased in the film. The best would have been, however, had the suit been disguised as the Audi and at a whim he could have transformed into Iron Man inside the car.....*daydream*

I saw Iron Man myself today, and I enjoyed it a lot as well, which is more than I can say for 98% of the Superhero films I've seen. Good mix of comedy and action, and none too much bullshit taking away from the story (i.e. love story etc.) However, I do hate AC/DC and am not a big Sabbath fan, so the soundtrack was lost on me.

Recently I've also watched Street Kings, with Keanu Reeves, which was semi-decent, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I really liked, and thought was hilarious. I wouldn't call it a romantic comedy myself, I'd throw it in with Superbad and Knocked Up, but if you call them romantic comedies, well that's just dandy.

@ Forostar: I don't know why I called the movie German.  Maybe the person I watched it with said so or maybe the person who subbed it fudged up.

Iron Man is great!  See it NOW!  I agree that there was a nice balance between action and comedy.  Robert Downey Jr. timing and delivery was on the spot.

Genghis Khan said:
Iron Man is great!  See it NOW!  I agree that there was a nice balance between action and comedy.  Robert Downey Jr. timing and delivery was on the spot.

He fought tooth and nail for the role, guess he was right :D

Yes, Iron Man was great.  I thought they did a great job with staying consistant with the original comic story, but kept it modern. 

Perun said:
I know it's technically not what you meant, but it still takes place in The Netherlands in WWII, from a Dutch (or perhaps, non-German) perspective: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246430/

A very late reaction from my side! Sorry for that. What a coincidence: on the day you posted this, I bought "The Diary of Anne Frank" (1959), directed by George Stevens.

Thanks for the tip!  :)

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull was quite more than I expected, there was quite a handful of great scenes and plot twists, and unmistakable Indy humor :D I was honestly impressed with the film, and Cate Blanchett did a good job as a villain. And of course, the family closure of Indy and Mutt. Red flag for sequels!

Less globe trekking than the previous films though and the aliens appeared only too short.

Wow,  you were actually pleased by the film?  Most reviews I've read have been rather negative towards the film.  A friend of mine saw it and he too thought it was awful.  I think I'll wait for the dvd to come out.

Yeah, I was. It was pretty faithful to the formula of Last Crusade, I honestly enjoyed it, it's like Ford didn't lose his skills with age.
There were many positive reviews I saw in rotten tomatoes anyway, but seeing the film is the best way for you to make an opinion  :)

I've seen quite a few films lately.

I borrowed The Rundown with Dwayne "The Rock Johnson, The Island, The Machinist and Sahara from a friend. The Rundown and Sahara were bleh. Mindless, predictable and uninspired "action" films. The Island with Scarlett Johansen and Ewan McGregor was Ok. a community of "survivors" live in an underground community after a supposed contamination that wiped out at least the country. As it turns out they are all clones for really rich people just in case they ever need a liver, kidney or even a child...
The Machinist was INSANE. Great movie reminiscent of Memento. Dark filters are used and it is never sunny weather. Christian Bale is DISGUSTING. No joke, he lost so much weight for the movie he is literally a walking skeleton. Basically he hasn't slept in a year and the sleep deprevation is finally getting to him as he finds mysterious notes in his apartment and starts seeing a strange coworker no one else does...

Also saw the Indiana Jones film and I agree with Donuts. It is faithful to the old formula as well as other Spielberg films. A friend said Shia LeBouf was the new Jar Jar Binks, but I strongly disagree. Jar Jar was annoying and USELESS, LeBouf's character is neither. It is hard to to top the old ones, but this one does a decent job.

And lastly I saw Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was ok, very different from the first, but then again I kept in mind that it is a series in which I'm sure C.S Lewis' purpose was to teach the reader something new from book to book. The action is less epic, much more contained, a bit darker, but overall it entertains.

I might watch Iron Man tonight. 

I loved The Island back when it came out.  The concept of people being harvested for body parts is both disturbing and engrossing.  I'm not aware of another movie like it, but it does not sound like an original concept.  Scarlett Johansen is in it so there is a definite hottie factor -- this is the first one I saw with her.  She does a good job at being naive.

The Machinist is great and I agree with everything Onhell said.  Also, Bale seems to have a knack for starving himself for movies.  In 2005 he did a Vietname flick with Steve Zahn (the movie is OK, but not great) where he was just as skinny as in The Machinist.  The first 20 minutes of that movie are some of the best war movies, as memorable as Apocalypse Now.

The Rock can't act and I have not seen a single movie in which he isn't a scorpion that does not suck.

Sahara was predictable, but I still had to see it when it came out.

I'll wait for the DVD to see the new Indy.

Oh year, once again, I'd like to say that Iron Man was an incredible movie.

I recently saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's a really unique and clever action comedy starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. It has some of the fuinniest and most clever dialogue I've heard in years and action and acting are both great.

I saw Teeth last night, a feminist film about female empowerment. The basic premise is the protagonist (forgot the actress' and characters name lol) has teeth in her vagina and whenever a guy wants to take advantage of her well.... *cough* :D. It's low budget, the dialog is corny as hell and it's funnier than it is scary, but still worth watching.

Maybe I should add that, as a die-hard Indiana Jones fan for 16 years, I absolutely adored the new film. To my surprise, they did everything right.

I was just telling a friend of mine yesterday how several sequels of old franchises (Rocky, Rambo and Indiana Jones) not only did justice to the old films, but matched and even surpassed them in some aspects, I'm very pleased with them.

Back