NOW WATCHING

The Dark Knight is the only one that has me really excited, looks amazing even this stage. (Its the sequel to Batman Begins for anyone not aware).

Me too... this new incarnation of Batman reminds me of the really DARK one's by Tim Burton...

Am currently DL'ing the animated "Superman vs. Doomsday"...

Superman gets his sh!t handed to him and goes for the big superhero retirement home in the sky...
Not a big fan of the blue boyscout with the underwear on the outside of his pants...

EDIT:

Just saw it, and IT KICKED @$$ IN A BIG WAY!!!

I saw Good Luck Chuck last night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. In the previews you think that Jessica Alba being a total and complete Klutz is the centerpiece of the story when it really isn't. That small surprise was enough to make the movie fresh instead of expecting what I had seen in the previews. I really don't want to reveal the true nature of the film, instead I'll just say it is REALLY funny and worth while for a couple of hours of entertainment.

only seen the trailer... But if you say it's good I'll just have to DL...  :p

just finished DL'ing every episode of Prison Break... 15.3 Gb...

Never seen it, but all my mates praised it to the high heavens...

Alright so I've spent my weekend watching the films Sunshine, Kill Bill (both volumes), and Grindhouse: Deathproof.

Sunshine is a scifi film a bit in the style of 2001 Space Odyssey just shorter. Kill Bill is Kill Bill and a must see in any case (I mean, the first volume has anime in it, how awesome is that?). Grindhouse: Deathproof is another Tarantino movie which is highly gratifying, I just came back from watching it and I feel like I can conquer the world. So go watch these movies and enjoy. :)

Natalie said:
Alright so I've spent my weekend watching the films Sunshine, Kill Bill (both volumes), and Grindhouse: Deathproof.

Sunshine is a scifi film a bit in the style of 2001 Space Odyssey just shorter. Kill Bill is Kill Bill and a must see in any case (I mean, the first volume has anime in it, how awesome is that?). Grindhouse: Deathproof is another Tarantino movie which is highly gratifying, I just came back from watching it and I feel like I can conquer the world. So go watch these movies and enjoy. :)
I doubt I'll ever enjoy a Tarantino film  -_-.  I've watched two films he's been involved in,  and hated both.  One is Pulp Fiction and the other is Sin City (I know he only did one scene,  that's why I said "involved").  Seriously I thought it's a complete waste of time,  and they both sickened me.  I'm not watching any film Tarantino has put his finger on.

I hate Tarantino also, and think that each of his films are boring as hell, or trying to be something much better than they really are. I loved Sin City, except for the scene that he directed, which I thought was crap, and only found out about his involvement after I had seen it. He comes across to me as a pretentious guy, with ideas that bore the hell out of me.

Anyways, I saw Superbad recently, which I thought was hilarious in parts, but all round lacking something. The police were brilliant, as were the drawings that were done (I'll say no more so as not to ruin the surprise), but the overall feel of the film left something to be desired. Sorry if that sounds vague, but I can't really describe it. Go see it anyway, you'll piss yourself laughing in many places.

I thought Superbad was pretty funny, but you're right, it wasn't super-great.  No Super Troopers, IMO.

And I agree about Tarantino.  I remember watching an episode of CSI (where Nick is captured and buried alive) and saying..."This sucks like a Quentin Tarantino movie."  And lo and behold - it was directed by Quentin Tarantino.

LooseCannon said:
I thought Superbad was pretty funny, but you're right, it wasn't super-great.  No Super Troopers, IMO.

And I agree about Tarantino.  I remember watching an episode of CSI (where Nick is captured and buried alive) and saying..."This sucks like a Quentin Tarantino movie."  And lo and behold - it was directed by Quentin Tarantino.
That's exactly what I thought when I watched the trailer of this episode.  Predictable isn't he?

LooseCannon said:
So you've said, you goddamn Mexican ;)
So I have :D I really liked Superbad, specially the use of unknown or not-to-famous actors. I'm sick and tired of every single hollywood comedy having Either Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller or two of them or all three.... THEY STOPPED BEING FUNNY LIKE 5 MOVIES AGO! and I'm being generous.

I have recently started watching a Showcase series called Weeds.  It is a dark comedy about a family whose husband dies unexpectedly and the wife has started to sell marijuana to support the family's upper class lifestyle.  Even the [former] mayor is in on it.  The show is fast paced and has plenty of adult content, as both the boys in the family know about the mother's business.  It is not for everyone and I certainly would not recommend watching this show with your young one. 

About Tarantino: I agree with Onhell that Reservoir dogs is a pretty good film, but Pulp Fiction is among the 5 best movies I've ever seen. Especially when you see it for the 3d or 4th time, since there are many things that you simply miss the first time you see it. I love the movie, the humour in the dialogue, the sheer craziness of the movie. Kill Bill 1 and 2, on the other hand, or no favorites of mine. But Pulp Fiction...wow!

Anomica said:
About Tarantino: I agree with Onhell that Reservoir dogs is a pretty good film, but Pulp Fiction is among the 5 best movies I've ever seen. Especially when you see it for the 3d or 4th time, since there are many things that you simply miss the first time you see it. I love the movie, the humour in the dialogue, the sheer craziness of the movie. Kill Bill 1 and 2, on the other hand, or no favorites of mine. But Pulp Fiction...wow!

No doubt great minds think alike lol I liked Pulp Fiction upon the first watch, but to this day I don't "love it" and Kill bill was great the one time I saw it, but that was enough, don't really need nor want to see it again.

Onhell said:
I'm sick and tired of every single hollywood comedy having Either Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller or two of them or all three.... THEY STOPPED BEING FUNNY LIKE 5 MOVIES AGO! and I'm being generous.

Now, wait a minute.  Wedding Crashers was hysterical. 

I've written about it elsewhere in another thread, but since I don't post here often, let me once again recommend "The Wire" on HBO.  Not technically "Now Watching," as it is between seasons, but the first three seasons are currently available on DVD.  This show is a masterpiece, and possibly the best television drama ever produced.  It deals with a difficult subject matter -- the futile war on drugs in urban Baltimore, from the perspective of the drug dealers as well as the police who are investigating them -- in a realistic, thoughtful and sometimes cynically humorous manner, but without at all being preachy.  It turns the "cop show" genre on its head.  The screenplays are so intelligent, complex and well-written they arguably could be considered great literature.  It uses unknown actors (the only one you might recognize is the lead, Dominic West, who was most recently the evil senator in "300") and they are fantastic.  Some of the central, recurring characters: Omar, a homosexual armed robber who only steals from drug dealers and is arguably the most feared person in the neighborhood; Bubbles, a homeless heroin addict and police informant who turns out to be the show's moral compass; Jimmy McNulty, the police detective who dooms his career by ignoring department politics in his pursuit of the truth; Stringer Bell, the ruthless #2 man in the criminal drug enterprise, who invests in real estate and takes business school courses; and Bunny Colvin, the police major who attempted to lower crime numbers in his district by essentially legalizing drugs in one area of town.  According to the show's website (http://www.hbo.com/thewire/) season five starts in January -- one of the good things about this show is that you can pick it up at the beginning of a new season.  Unlike some popular TV dramas, such as Lost, each season is a stand-alone story, with a beginning, middle and end, albeit with carry-over characters and some references to earlier storylines.  Still, you will be doing yourself a favor if you watch all the prior seasons. 

cornfedhick said:
Now, wait a minute.  Wedding Crashers was hysterical. 
No not really. Had its moments, yes, but far from hysterical... ANYWAY

I've written about it elsewhere in another thread, but since I don't post here often, let me once again recommend "The Wire" on HBO. 

THAT is an awesome show indeed. HBO has put out some good dramas as of late including Deadwood and Rome. Entourage isn't that great, has its moments, but nowhere close to the other three mentioned here. I really like that the Wire uses The Temptations' "Ball of Confusion" for a theme song, might be an old song, but the lyrical content is PERFECT.

Back