1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOW WATCHING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onhell, Sep 1, 2004.

1. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

[​IMG]

Currently at the end of Dance of Death

EDIT: YOUR TIME WIL COOOOOOOME!!!

:rocker:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    terrell39 likes this.
  2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Where/when did we discuss this? In this thread?

EDIT: Yip, sorry, just read the post where you mentioned it. All you said was that you'd watched it! :p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  3. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

No in some private message. We can't search there I'm afraid.

4. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

Best Maiden DVD imo.

Maturin and JudasMyGuide like this.
  5. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

6. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

7. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Just saw Dunkirk. A Cried review will be forthcoming...

And possibly my thoughts on all of season one (& most of the second series) of Preacher...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    terrell39 likes this.
  8. terrell39

9. Shadow

Shadow Deluxe Edition Staff Member

Which two?

10. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I truly don't believe Pulp Fiction is the 4th best movie of all time.

11. terrell39

Sherlock Jr is one. Now I can't find the other one!

12. terrell39

True. The order is I don't agree with, but most of the films on this list are amazing.

13. terrell39

Saw Annabelle Creation. MUCH better than the first Annabelle film. A worthy addition to the Conjuring film series. Next year will be the prequel to the whole series...The Nun (she was first introduced in The Conjuring 2)

14. Night Prowler

Anybody else still watching The Strain?

Zach is by far the worst kid on television ever, and now he's slowly but surely approaching the worst human being ever. His actions probably killed more people than Hitler did. It really says something that a 13-year-old kid is less sympathetic than a genocidal Nazi vampire (Eichorst)...

15. Night Prowler

Watched this new Death Note movie from Netflix. Never saw the anime or anything related to it, so can't compare.

Pretty bad. Plot sucked. Characters sucked. Acting was OK with what the actors had to work with. It's a shame because it's awesome visually and the music is pretty good too. Might check out the anime stuff though, because the premise is cool.

16. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

Can't say for the other adaptations, but both the original manga and the anime are really awesome. There is some really unexpected progress (i.e. untrivial twists) and a lot of interesting thoughts. It is a bit overcomplicated in general, though - not everyone might appreciate that. But I'd definitely give it a chance.

17. LooseCannon

You already noted it was a manga/anime, this should be assumed.

18. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Gott Mit Uns

I'm here to say that certain animes, one of them Death Note, are actually amazing shows. Not kidding. It's an amazing study on what human beings can become when given too much power.

Go watch it and then criticize it. :innocent:

19. LooseCannon

I'm not criticizing Death Note, which was a really neat show. I'm criticizing the genre, which tends to lend itself to overly complicated storytelling and explains why only a bare handful of Japanese artists have become famous outside of their comfort zone in the post-war era, despite the fact that Japan has literally become a culture producing monster in that period. Kurosawa, Miyazaki, and Murakami are some of the only artists that have gone "mainstream". Some people love anime/mange - but it's not easily accessible due to its frequent complexities.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  20. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Gott Mit Uns

Alright, alright, that I'll accept. :ok: