NOW WATCHING

I drew a line somewhere after T2. It looks like they're screwing with history again, sending people back so the first film never happened or happened in a completely different order.

I still accepted T3. I felt it was a good closure to the series and did a fine job of tying up the end of time travel paradox. It was also a halfway-decent action film. But no, of course that only made them kick off the franchise in the first place. <_<

Seems like in this movie Terminator raised Sarah Connor since she was a kid. I hope the next movie has him going back in time to kill Tesla to prevent Skynet from happening.

In the sequel, someone else is going to be sent back to kill the producers and directors so none of this can ever happen.

The sequel to the latest film. They're going to wipe out its existence. Or maybe someone will wake up and it was all a dream in the first place.

latest film
They're making a sequel to T2? That would be blatantly attempting to make cash off of a great film's untouchable legacy. They wouldn't do that. They certainly wouldn't do it twice. And now apparently three times.

OK, I actually watched it, and it looks like a neat cross between homage and innovation. I'll keep a watch on the trailers, but I could see myself being in theatres for this one.

Watched Men in Black III.

I watched the two first films a few years back on TV when they were on some channel two nights in a row, and I enjoyed them. Entertaining films. This one, however, I thought was great. Josh Brolin plays a younger version of Agent K in a way that is a jarringly close interpretation of Tommy Lee Jones. The story reinvents the old and makes it feel fresh while still being retaining the vibe that made you have a great time watching these films. Fun, exciting and, surprisingly - heartbreaking, but in a good way. There's a big revelation at the end that made me reconsider the whole story. Damn, what a story. If the series end here, it will end on the best positive note it could end on - that any story could end on.

Saw Interstellar. For the most part, I thought it was a great and massively enjoyable science fiction film. To me very personally however, the ending was a huge let down.

Saw Interstellar. For the most part, I thought it was a great and massively enjoyable science fiction film. To me very personally however, the ending was a huge let down.
Without giving it away, is the ending too upbeat, poorly executed, or what? I'd quite like to see it, but I'm usually pretty disappointed with much that I watch/see, for all I enjoy going to the cinema itself.

I don't think I can explain it without giving too much away. I guess I can say because I felt it was philosophically unsatisfactory to me personally.

Homeland (S04E10)

Very much like the most intensive episodes of 24 - without that countdown sequence to drive you mad every minute. I wonder what the hell they've saved for the the two remaining episodes of the season. I just hope it isn't all action, it would be a shame to waste the gift of Claire Danes' character.

I liked the first one, but the second one fits that description. I don't think I'll get to see it until mid January some time, got too much crazy work stuff on right now.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was...better than the other two, but still a cartoon and still full of poor dialogue and pointless storytelling. Meh.

I won't see it until DVD-release, but I thought the other two were very good. Unlike The Lord of the Rings, they didn't have Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan play Dumb & Dumber ("What about second breakfast?") and the source material is far better in that actually is a far better told story than the happy accident that made The Lord of the Rings work. Thorin Oakenshield is by far the most interesting hero between him and Aragorn, and in the films Richard Armitage is an equal match with Viggo on screen presence. I get so annoyed with Elijah Wood's Frodo, with Merry & Pippin, with Legolas and with Gimli - with The Hobbit I didn't have those feelings. I think that the vital difference is that Martin Freeman does a much better job of carrying the film and that the tone of Jackson's films fits like a glove this time - last time I felt it was very contrived.

People will always think that The Lord of the Rings were better films, because it is sort of the same thing again, 10 years later, when everybody have already watched the first films until they got tired of them - but I still feel that they got so much more right this time.

Back