NOW WATCHING

I'd still love more movies from Pegg/Frost/Wright, and I think they said they'll make more, just not connected in any way to this trilogy. Simon Pegg is one of my favorite actors, I think I've seen most of his movies. (Didn't watch few in which he's not in main cast).

Yeah, I hope they do more .. I just do not see what else they can do with these .. the were repeating themselves in the last one .. it was still good, but had been done .. by them :)

Just came back from seeing Thor. Just to put it simply: I loved it!
Thor spoilers:
I really hope The Collector's appearance and "1 down, 5 to go" foreshadows The Infinity Gauntlet movie. That'd be kick ass.
I'm very certain that scene was meant to foreshadow the up coming Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out next year just as the end scene from The Avengers with Thanos I believe was meant to do the same. The Collector was played by Benicio Del Toro and he is to play the same character in Guardians of the Galaxy movie. At least I think that's what's going on. I could be completely wrong because I don't follow the comics and this could be something else entirely?

Last edited:
Finishing up Rescue Me ... really good show .. a bit uneven in parts, but all in all a good mix of comedy and drama.

Finished Rescue Me ... enjoyed the finale, it was fitting.

Starting Sons of Anarchy .. on episode 2, so far so good.

I just finished watching season 1 of Boardwalk Empire. Another good drama from HBO, set in post-WW1, prohibition-era Atlantic City, New Jersey. It's like a 1920s Sopranos.

I've heard a lot about that show, mainly how i look like one of its characters lol. And no NOT Steve Bucimi. Anywho, making may way through Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Unlike the original series, this one follows the Manga more closely so while it starts near identical it quickly changes directions. The stakes seem higher and more global in this one, which I'm happy about, but even I still have 8 episodes left until the end, so far I like the first series' overall story and ending. We'll see what happens in the next four hours. Next is the movie.

Speaking of movies also watched Catching Fire. Very good movie, a HUGE step up from the first. Much more cohesive and good to see they did not shy away from the violence this time around. I here Mockingjay is getting the now common two movie treatment and I'm glad. A lot goes on in that last book, can't wait.

Speaking of movies also watched Catching Fire. Very good movie, a HUGE step up from the first. Much more cohesive and good to see they did not shy away from the violence this time around. I here Mockingjay is getting the now common two movie treatment and I'm glad. A lot goes on in that last book, can't wait.

I liked it, too. Definitely better than the first, though the first half hour is rather confusing unless you're a big fan of the books or have seen the first movie five times.

I just finished Breaking Bad. Wow, what a show that was. I don't think any other series has ever ended so perfectly.

Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala last night. While it was designed to stand alone it is essentially a sequel to the first Fullmetal Alchemist series that ran from Oct 2003 to Oct. 2004. Hmm, where to begin? The Fullmetal Manga became very popular in the early 00's and it was picked up for an anime rather quickly, however they were given the arbitrary date of running for a year. Because of that the series is merely loosely based on the Manga telling its own story in 51 episodes. The movie picks up 2 years after the series ends and as a movie it leaves a lot to be desired, but as a 100 minute appendix to the series its good enough. As I stated earlier, it was designed to stand alone, but if one is not familiar with the series or Manga they'd be completely lost. My gripes? I wish there was more of Al with his body being a bad ass alchemist in his own right. I wish we saw more of their father and finally I wish the doppelgangers in our universe played a more significant role.

It did give me the closure I was seeking and in the meantime I wait for more episodes of Brotherhood on Netflix.

Back