NOW PLAYING

View attachment 24020

Still trying to like this as much as the rest of post-reunion material (and failing to do that :( ). Not a bad album, but quite underwhelming at times.
Not a bad album, underwhelming at times... Strange! The Reunion material is really strong, but which aspects/things/parts/songs you don't like? I love it, but I admit it's a specific album. I mean, it contains a lot of long songs (like TFF and AMOLAD albums but even more), a different title track and lead single for the band, a ballad and not so many fast songs (or faster parts) - the latter is a ''first'' for the band since 2000; really curious what they will do with their next album. More than half of the album are catchy songs - Stratego, TWOTW, DOFP, Time Machine, Hell On Earth, Darkest Hour (if you like ballads), DOTC (if you like ''Celtic melodies'')... like every Maiden album, really.

What is your opinion about TBOS album? Not in comparison with Senjutsu. I think it forms a similar in ''feel and writing style'' pair of albums with its successor like SIT and SSOASS.

Not a bad album, underwhelming at times... Strange! The Reunion material is really strong, but which aspects/things/parts/songs you don't like? I love it, but I admit it's a specific album. I mean, it contains a lot of long songs (like TFF and AMOLAD albums but even more), a different title track and lead single for the band, a ballad and not so many fast songs (or faster parts) - the latter is a ''first'' for the band since 2000; really curious what they will do with their next album. More than half of the album are catchy songs - Stratego, TWOTW, DOFP, Time Machine, Hell On Earth, Darkest Hour (if you like ballads), DOTC (if you like ''Celtic melodies'')... like every Maiden album, really.

What is your opinion about TBOS album? Not in comparison with Senjutsu. I think it forms a similar in ''feel and writing style'' pair of albums with its successor like SIT and SSOASS.

It is difficult to explain, but I think the album plods quite a bit (the opening song being a good example of it). It has some very good bits (The Writing on the Wall, most of Hell on Earth, Days of Future Past, The Time Machine), but some material that is below what a band like Maiden has created in the past, with either excessive repetition or cringeworthy lyrics(Lost in a Lost World, Darkest Hour, The Parchment).

I much prefer The Book of Souls, even though it also has some fillers (Shadows of the Valley, The Man of Sorrows) and overly repetitive songs (The Red and Black).

As a longtime fan I wish I could enjoy Senjutsu much more than I do!

Back