NOW PLAYING

Anthrax - Soldiers Of Metal

I know this album is not with Joey on vocals, but I listened to it for the first time today (I'm not a big fan of Anthrax) and I must say I like what I heard. This debut album from the band is totally influenced by the NWOBHM - it's not thrash metal yet (there are signs though). The vocalist is not bad and this song is great.

I'm also not a big fan of thrash metal and from the BIG 4 I prefer Metallica, not listen to Slayer, Megadeth are good and it seems I'll have to give Anthrax a new spin of their albums. Any recommendations? I know their album from 1987 is counted as their best (I think they played it entirely live) or the one from 1990. I know Anthrax are big Kiss fans (Maiden too - Scott Ian's favorite Maiden song is ''Purgatory''). Scott Ian is a great guitarist, but I think their guitarist from the past Dan Spitz is also very good. And how I can forget the episode from ''Married with Children'' where Anthrax appears- aaahh, the good old times. :)

1984 is golden for heavy metal!

Abbath - Calm in Ire of Hurricane.

Silly title, but I like what I'm hearing in the two offerings so far from Abbath's new album. Sounds more like At the Heart of Winter than Abbath's last album.

Anthrax - Soldiers Of Metal

I know this album is not with Joey on vocals, but I listened to it for the first time today (I'm not a big fan of Anthrax) and I must say I like what I heard. This debut album from the band is totally influenced by the NWOBHM - it's not thrash metal yet (there are signs though). The vocalist is not bad and this song is great.

I'm also not a big fan of thrash metal and from the BIG 4 I prefer Metallica, not listen to Slayer, Megadeth are good and it seems I'll have to give Anthrax a new spin of their albums. Any recommendations? I know their album from 1987 is counted as their best (I think they played it entirely live) or the one from 1990. I know Anthrax are big Kiss fans (Maiden too - Scott Ian's favorite Maiden song is ''Purgatory''). Scott Ian is a great guitarist, but I think their guitarist from the past Dan Spitz is also very good. And how I can forget the episode from ''Married with Children'' where Anthrax appears- aaahh, the good old times. :)

1984 is golden for heavy metal!

You are a big heavy/power fan aren't you? You should be able to enjoy Anthrax, Belladonna's vocals are really good.

You are a big heavy/power fan aren't you? You should be able to enjoy Anthrax, Belladonna's vocals are really good.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the classic heavy metal - the old bands like Maiden, Priest, Accept, Saxon, DIO and of course classic rock bands like Kiss, Krokus, AC/DC ... from the new bands, I really like HammerFall, and Nightwish. Of course I also like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, W.A.S.P., Scorpions, Manowar, Grave Digger, Helloween, Def Leppard, Metallica, Whitesnake and I'm a big fan of Bruce solo career. But for some reason I'm not a big of thrash metal.

Can you recommend me some Anthrax songs or albums? :)

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the classic heavy metal - the old bands like Maiden, Priest, Accept, Saxon, DIO and of course classic rock bands like Kiss, Krokus, AC/DC ... from the new bands, I really like HammerFall, and Nightwish. Of course I also like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, W.A.S.P., Scorpions, Manowar, Grave Digger, Helloween, Def Leppard, Metallica, Whitesnake and I'm a big fan of Bruce solo career. But for some reason I'm not a big of thrash metal.

Can you recommend me some Anthrax songs or albums? :)
The best albums and the best songs FOR ME
I hope you enjoy. This is a great stuff.

Armed and Dangerous EP (1985):
Armed and Dangerous
God save the queen
Metal trashing mad
Panic

Spreading the disease (1985):
A.I.R.
Madhouse
Armed and Dangerous
Medusa
Gung-ho

Among the Living (1987):