Artist: Thunder
Album Title:
Shooting at the Sun
Release Date: 2003 (20th Anniversary)
Style: Hard Rock
Rating: 4,5/5

Last edited:
1699133864011.jpeg

What a great album. If this is their last, they are going out with a bang. 48 minutes (no need to release overlong albums!) of great Rolling Stones music.

I know it’s only rock and roll, but I like it!

View attachment 31276

Artist: Saxon
Album Title:
Sacrifice
Release Date: 2013 (10th Anniversary)
Style: Metal
Rating: 4/5

I have tried really hard to like modern Saxon, but I think that they are trying too hard to sound too heavy. Good albums, don’t get me wrong, but they do not touch me, they leave me completely cold. Their early 80s output is a different story, featuring some of the best British metal albums of all time.

I know it's not all that popular to like A Twist in the Myth in general (and yes, the production and mixing are quite ghastly), but not only do I not feel that way regarding the album in general, this particular song is among my absolute favourites by the band.
It might be for cryptic reasons connected with the fact I tend to get a certain type of emotion therefrom, which is an approach that altogether resigns from perpetuating the notion of there being any semblance of a reviewer's objectivity, but you have to do what you have to do, right?

Fun fact, this was one of the songs I had in my nominations list for the Greatest Metal Song Cup... and it was one of those that left very, very late (in fact, one of the lastest songs to be eliminated), the primary reason being both me and wifey thinking it lacks the "general appeal", beyond my own personal preference.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading Tad Williams.

Back