NOW PLAYING

Does anybody here actually like St. Anger? I mean I love it but my taste has already been proven weird.

Meh sort of. I like the album overall but I also think that it's objectively shit. So it's done crap but it just so happens I like it

Invisible Kid gets a lot of hate in particular, but it's my favourite on the album and I think it's a great tune

St Anger has helps with my mental health problems hugely (or at least did). That album was the only thing that could soothe it half the time, and it did it well. So huge respect to it for that

Funnily enough, I was reading an article earlier about Metallica playing an acoustic set and All Within My Hands was part of the setlist. This comment caught my eye:

Apparently its been long enough where fans can come out of the caves and admit they like songs on St Anger without getting flamed. All Within My Hands, Sweet Amber, Frantic, St Anger etc.

(https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...this_past_weekend_heres_what_they_played.html)

I think that's true. Most of what I see online about St Anger is people saying that it's actually an incredibly underrated album. I think it's just an easy target for ridicule and a way of trying to show that Metallica are past their prime, which is nonsense.

a2262791254_5.jpg

Buckethead - Infinity of the Spheres (Pike #116)
Now there is a 5* album (+ both tracks 5*)! :ok:

Awesome change in that first song. Liked the moody part as well that went on before that. Nice dreamy sound.

Back