NOW PLAYING

For one, I think the acoustic rock-electronic-mix works well. It's not at all distracting. On further note, it sounds 2018, post-Avicii. And yet it still sounds 100% Muse. Many a band would simply make a fool of themselves trying to pull that off. It's a song which Jared Leto will have nightmares about. On top of that, it just is a damn good song with a nice set of lyrics. Not trying to sound pretentious, but the robotic effects on the vocals during the chorus contrasted with the very human sounding acoustic guitar fits the theme well.

But I'm just a casual Muse-fan, it that. I listen to Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance and prefer their softer side to the (wacky) heavier stuff they have.
Fair enough, I'm far more about Muse up until 2009, though still a big fan obviously. I think in a strange way I view this song quite like I do the X Factor. Although it's not particularly for me and there are albums that I like more than it and would consider "bad", I wouldn't call the album itself bad. It's something different, and very good at what it is, it's just that that something isn't for me. Doesn't mean it's in any way a failure.

With that said, i can't stand Dig Down.

Accept - Worlds Colliding.... classic Accept's sound/vibe on this fantastic song from their latest album The Rise Of Chaos 2017 ! :cool:

Last edited:
71G1l3e6YZL._SL1400_.jpg

Back