NOW PLAYING

Savatage deserved to be much more successful than they were.

Great band yeah. Love to see the plays from you. They did however find massive success with Trans-Siberian Orchestra which is basically all of the creative forces from Savatage under a new moniker. Sad that it also basically meant that Savatage had to be buried in the process. But check out some of he TOS albums if you haven't as a continuation from Savatage.

Great band yeah. Love to see the plays from you. They did however find massive success with Trans-Siberian Orchestra which is basically all of the creative forces from Savatage under a new moniker. Sad that it also basically meant that Savatage had to be buried in the process. But check out some of he TOS albums if you haven't as a continuation from Savatage.

As you say, it was sad that Savatage had to disappear when they found success with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which I need to spend some time listening to.

I was lucky enough to see Savatage live once, back in 2001, supporting Judas Priest. I have fond memories of their gig.

As you say, it was sad that Savatage had to disappear when they found success with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which I need to spend some time listening to.

I was lucky enough to see Savatage live once, back in 2001, supporting Judas Priest. I have fond memories of their gig.

TOS is basically the storytelling concept album aspect of Savatage turned up to 11 :lol: That's cool you've seen em' live!

Didn't you forget this EP in your run-down? I rate The Dungeons Are Calling very high in the catalog!

600x600bb.jpg

Stratovarius - Dreamspace (album)

Recently one of my favorites. It's an underrated album and it's one of those albums that has a special vibe. Tolkki writes great riffs and most of his earlier (and until 2003) ideas are very good (in the previous 1992 album as well). I even like his voice. It's specific, but it's notable. Every song has strong guitar playing. Half of the album is great - the other half are interesting songs.

st-dsp.jpg

Saw Savatage 3x:
1: opening for Megadeth & Dio on Hall of the Mountain King tour
2: opening for Testament on Gutter Ballet tour
3: headlining on Gutter Ballet tour; met Jon & Criss; Both were cool

NP: Savatage - Legions

Back