NOW PLAYING

John Coltrane -A Love Supreme (1965)
The Beatles -Revolver (1966)
Miles Davis -Kind of Blue (1959)
Pink Floyd -Wish You Were Here (1975)
Manos Hadjidakis -Magnus Eroticus (1972)
Warlord -And the Canons of Destruction Have Begun (1984)
Edgar Broughton Band -Edgar Broughton Band (1971)
Pixies -Surfer Rosa (1989)
Archive -Noise (2004)
High Tone -Acid Dub Nucleic (2002)

Honorable mentions: Bathory -Twilight of the Gods (1991), Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland (1968), Massive Attack -Mezzanine (1998), The Doors -The Doors (1967), Tom Waits -Franks Wild Years (1987)

Wow, that's a great variety of music right here. Nice to see Miles Davis and Pink Floyd. Actually I'm not familiar with many of the artists so that would be cool to find them out. Been listening to Electric Ladyland a lot recently and I remember reading somewhere that Jack Black considers Tom Waits next only to The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I suggest you give a listen to all that you don't know. Tom Waits is one of my favourite artists, Franks Wild Years is not considered his best but it's the one I love the most. Some say Rain Dogs (released exactly before) is his best or the album before that. Truth is that almost everything is great, and then there's 70s Tom Waits which is clearly different from 80s, different from 90s etc.

Same for Archive, I put Noise here, but it could be something else, same for Massive Attack. I am a big Parov Stelar fan but there's not an album other than compilation to make it so high. And there is no Maiden in the Top15 I guess somewhere in the Top 20 -30 there would be some, there are so many good albums in music.

Also instead of A Love Supreme it could be Olé another Coltrane masterpiece.

70s Tom Waits

80s Tom Waits

90s Tom Waits

00s Tom Waits

1716649262687.jpeg

I tend to listen to the album when I go for shortish runs (< 30 minutes). It brings me great memories of the early 90s!

Last edited:
Sly & the Family Stone - There's A Riot Goin' On (1971)

Stone cold R&B masterpiece.

600x600bb.jpg

I used to love this album alot when it came out!
If memory serves me well: alot of strong songs!
Yeah, the even-numbered Live albums (Throwing Copper, The Distance To Here, Birds Of Pray) are all really strong, IMO, but the odd-numbered ones are a lot spottier (though I have a soft spot for Secret Samadhi). And V is a steaming turd.

Julian's Treatment - A Time Before This (1970)

Symphonic prog with a heavy dosage of 60's psych. Sci-fi lyrics by the organist who would later establish himself as a prolific sci-fi author.

600x600bb.jpg

Back