NOW PLAYING

Bullet - Storm Of Blades (album)

bullet-storm-of-blades-artwork.jpg

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (album)

I've been trying for years to like Celtic Frost, I've been trying really hard, but I simply find them annoying.
That's coz you don't seem to dig ugly. As in ugly ugly. Which is kinda strange, considering your earlier post re: Darkthrone.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (album)

I've been trying for years to like Celtic Frost, I've been trying really hard, but I simply find them annoying.
Too many changes in their songs for your taste? As in other complicated/fast/aggressive music a la At the Gates?

Re: Celtic Frost; I'm not sure I can offer yoy guys a theoretical reason for my dislike. Some of my favourite bands draw direct inspiration from them and are said to share many of their characteristics. This why I've revisiting CF for 15 years now, and I've always tried really hard to like them, but I just can't. I can trace many of their influences and I 'get' what so many artists worship about them, but CF themselves just utterly fail to connect with me.

Yesterday I heard a lot of literal Slayer in the track Jewl Throne. Not per se the speedy passages only. The riffs, the (style of) vocals.

Back