NOW PLAYING

Overkill - Under The Influence (album)

94752dd35349fa98ddb09330fd3a0030daaece17_hq.jpg
My first Overkill cd as a new release and first time I saw them live.
Blitz said in an interview with Eddie Trunk last year that this was his LEAST favorite Overkill cd!

My first Overkill cd as a new release and first time I saw them live.
Blitz said in an interview with Eddie Trunk last year that this was his LEAST favorite Overkill cd!

That must have been some experience back then! Kinda crazy if that's his least favorite Overkill record of all time, but of course he must have some personal reasons for that. I think it's a strong album but it sometimes gets a little overlooked. It doesn't help matters much that it's stuck between Taking Over and The Years of Decay and also is a sort of bridge between the all-out speed metal of the first albums into more thrashy Overkill.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger (album)

One of my favourite black metal albums of all time.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (album)

I've been trying for years to like Celtic Frost, I've been trying really hard, but I simply find them annoying.

I've been trying for years to like Celtic Frost, I've been trying really hard, but I simply find them annoying.

Have you tried the Monotheist album? It's a pretty polarizing album between fans but if you find the early stuff annoying perhaps you'll dig the later stuff more, it's a lot darker and atmospheric.

Have you tried the Monotheist album? It's a pretty polarizing album between fans but if you find the early stuff annoying perhaps you'll dig the later stuff more, it's a lot darker and atmospheric.

I think so. I know I listened to all their albums, and I know I disliked each one of them.

That's an okay album imo, nothing really special. I think Celtic Frost's music gets additional praise because of their role in forming black metal with their imagery and early incorporation of harsher vocals.

On Slaughter 1st cd (forget what song) he says "You want to play another solo? Not here bud!" Obviously a stab at Vinnie. In his recent interview with Eddie Trunk, Vinnie SLAMMED Mark and praised the session singer Robert from the 1st VVI cd. Very sad. Mark is a good singer and nice guy.

Mark Slaughter is fantastic on that album. Not surprising that he ran off not long after to go solo :D

On Slaughter 1st cd (forget what song) he says "You want to play another solo? Not here bud!" Obviously a stab at Vinnie. In his recent interview with Eddie Trunk, Vinnie SLAMMED Mark and praised the session singer Robert from the 1st VVI cd. Very sad. Mark is a good singer and nice guy.

Burning Bridges. I think the whole song is about Vinnie :D

Back