NOW PLAYING

Iron Maiden - Quest For Fire

Of all the Maiden songs that are usually rated low by the fans, this may be the most underrated. Great atmosphere (interesting, captivating), great riff, great drumming/bass playing, great vibe, vintage Maiden instrumental part/solos and some insane vocals from Bruce (like on the whole album -> and is certainly one of the hardest studio songs for him along with Aces High). :rocker:

I sometimes wonder what or if some other parts could have been added to it. It works great as it is though.

Bruce Dickinson - Resurrection Men

I've been listening to this song quite often since the release. There is something really captivating about it, but the great potential was not realized. Classic Bruce solo approach. The acoustic intro sets the mood just perfectly, the galloping rhythm with the bongos is cool, unique and memorable, and the chromatic riff works even better. The urgent verses help the anthemic chorus to shine even more. The heavy middle part contains great riff and vocals and is overall a brilliant idea. The mystical calm part after that with the vocals is also cool and needed (I'd say). This song is another example that Bruce can create memorable songs with ease and even with missing or short parts, the songs still works. It's a rare talent, like Steve's. :rocker:

I hate the most when a song is/feels unfinished - and this song is clearly missing two parts (another short verse and a solo). Someone should really ask Bruce or Roy about this approach with basically no solos for the new album, because it's really weird and noticeable.

10/10 thumbnail hahahahahahahaha
Some friends of mine went to that show and recently told me about it being on YouTube. They showed me their ticket stubs that they still have.. Given the time it was recorded, I was surprised by both the video and audio quality. The New Haven Coliseum no longer exists:(

Last edited:
Back