NOW PLAYING

[In Wham!, Mack] can be heard using the chordal licks of early rock guitar greats, but he infuses his breaks with string bends, pentatonic runs, and mature blues chops, all of which eventually became trademarks of Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield and Stevie Ray Vaughan...A tight chordal riff laid over a fast boogie-woogie rhythm sets the tone for the cut, which contains guitar breaks, vibrato arm highlights, echoey single-note lines, and the repetitive string-pushing licks that eventually became so prevalent in Jeff Beck's guitar style.

It would have been a perfect album for me. In its original form it is 95%! :yes::rocker: Bruce and Roy were unstoppable in the early 2000's.

1.Silver Wings
2.Abduction
3.Soul Intruders
4.Kill Devil Hill
5.Navigate The Seas Of The Sun
6.River Of No Return
7.Power Of The Sun
8.Devil On A Hog
9.Broken (this song screams early 2000's and I love that)
10.A Tyranny Of Souls
11.Eternal

I love all these songs! If I have to add more shorter songs (because that's the album's approach; and from the same period more or less) - songs like Return Of The King, Real World, The Wicker Man, Rainmaker, Different World... even more amazing. All are classics 10/10 for me.

Seriously, TOS is one of my Top 3 favorite albums of all time! :wub: I really hope to hear songs in this style and approach from them again. Why they don't want to do it again, idk. This is their best style.

psychomagia.jpg

Artist: Abraxas
Album Title:
John Zorn's Psychomagia
Release Date: 2014 (10th Anniversary)
Style: Jazz
Rating: 4/5

Last edited:
Back