NOW PLAYING

View attachment 27819

Artist: Baron Rojo
Album Title:
Larga Vida al Rock and Roll (Long Live Rock and Roll)
Release Date: 1981
Style: Hard Rock
Rating: Masterpiece

Great Hard Rock/metal Spanish Band and one of the first ones to play this kind of Music. As Maiden in Uk and World. They were the best Metal band in Spain in the 80's. They had a Kerrang magazine cover and nice following in UK. They played in the Reading Festival 82 along with Maiden, MSG, Marillion, … Even Bruce Dickinson talked about them in 82 or so because he liked and he enjoyed listening this band.
Although the language is Spanish, it's easy to enjoy for an English spoken language because the vocal melodies trough the album. They've adopted the twin guitars too. The musicianship and production quality of the album (It was recorded in the Ian Gillan Studio) is amazing.
They released phenomenal albums in the 80's. They're much better than many NWOBHM bands.
You've got the full album here. Take a listen:

Excellent debut album, but that one was not recorded at Ian Gillan’s studios. That one was Volumen Brutal, one of the best heavy rock albums of all time. :edmetal:

Metalmorfosis, released in 1983, is also superb.

Pointless anecdote: I sang in a metal band from 1998 to 2000 and the highest achievement of my time with the band was supporting Barón Rojo at one gig.

Pointless anecdote: I sang in a metal band from 1998 to 2000 and the highest achievement of my time with the band was supporting Barón Rojo at one gig.

I learnt guitar for the sole purpose to get on stage and play a particular song -message to the girl I was in love with, who I knew would watch that concert. I did that and I supported the singer of the song below.

The song I played was this one:

I learnt guitar for the sole purpose to get on stage and play a particular song -message to the girl I was in love with, who I knew would watch that concert. I did that and I supported the singer of the song below.

The song I played was this one:

Did playing the song live help you conquer her heart?

tygers1985.png

Artist: Tigers of Pan Tang
Album Title:
The Wreck Age
Release Date: 1985
Style: Hard Rock / Metal
Rating: 3,5/5

Last edited:
Did playing the song live help you conquer her heart?

No I never conquered her. In the end she didn’t even come, nevertheless I said something before the song that hinted to her and she learnt what I did the following days from her friends at school.

However it wasn’t all for nothing. After that I was kind of known in the city which subsequently led to the conquering of other hearts.
I started to play guitar more seriously and in a year’s time I left travelling half the country playing guitar on the streets and bars and I never was the same again.
As a matter of fact this trip hasn’t concluded yet after 30 years as I haven’t returned back to my city (to settle down that is).

Funny I didn’t realize the importance of that concert up to now, I was placing the start of chain reaction in an event months after that.

Back