NOW PLAYING

Charlie Parker is the biggest jazz musician of all time, Coltrane the most religiously beloved and Kind of Blue the greatest and most important jazz record, no matter what. Miles Davis at his best. If you were to buy one jazz record in your life, buy this one. As a matter of fact if you want to discover the entire jazz, start to discover records of the players that played in this record, then find players that played with them etc. Once upon a time I claimed you need 3 records to start jazz, actually this one is more than enough. And in many ways, the most appropriate.

Players:
  • Miles Davis – trumpet
  • John Coltrane – tenor saxophone
  • Cannonball Adderley – alto saxophone
  • Bill Evans – piano
  • Wynton Kelly – piano
  • Paul Chambers – double bass
  • Jimmy Cobb – drums

Charlie Parker is the biggest jazz musician of all time, Coltrane the most religiously beloved and Kind of Blue the greatest and most important jazz record, no matter what. Miles Davis at his best. If you were to buy one jazz record in your life, buy this one. As a matter of fact if you want to discover the entire jazz, start to discover records of the players that played in this record, then find players that played with them etc. Once upon a time I claimed you need 3 records to start jazz, actually this one is more than enough. And in many ways, the most appropriate.

Players:
  • Miles Davis – trumpet
  • John Coltrane – tenor saxophone
  • Cannonball Adderley – alto saxophone
  • Bill Evans – piano
  • Wynton Kelly – piano
  • Paul Chambers – double bass
  • Jimmy Cobb – drums
Thanks!!! I'm checking music since 60's jazz and fusion and the great rock albums since 1968. Many of them I'm discovering and listening for the very first time.

Symphony_X_-_2015_-_Underworld.jpg

Let it Bleed is one of my best Stones album. Gimme Shelter is my very best Stones song and Country Honk, Let It Bleed, among the best. Generally an album I usually listen from start to finish, usually skipping the very last song, You Can't Always Get What You Want that I dislike for years.

However today I let it play and for the first time I really paid attention to the lyric: You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find that you get what you need.

Apocalypse! I was healed (from some painful thoughts) instantly :D

bb90486e912e42f9c250a12b8d45149e.png

Back