NOW PLAYING

Love this beautiful song.

They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the virgin birth

Also an accurate description of this week's weather.

Behemoth
Album name: I Loved You at Your Darkest
Genre: Blackened Death Metal
Favorite song(s): Ecclesia Diabolica Catholica, Sabbath Mater

38637444_10155938006422872_2336533917797974016_o.jpg

1671524189204.png

Love this album. A fusion of Czech, Moravian and Slovak (and Polish as well) folklore music combined with rock, but considering the members of the band have rather diverse pedigrees, there's also a noticeable Celtic, classical and even Balkan (?) influence.

@Magnus you probably already knows this, but if you don't, and for the other folk-metalhead as well, this might be of interest. Of course much softer than you're probably used to, but very often channeling a familiar mood.

And even the "softer" parts can be ridiculously epic, IMHO

And now one of my favorites by Helloween.

A true gem (along with ''Power''). Everything is great, especially the chorus and the instrumental section. My favorites from the album are more or less the first 7 songs and the bonus song ''Walk Your Way'' (written by Markus, ofc). One of their best albums.

Edit: The live album from the same year that combined the best songs from the 1994 and 1996 albums was the best decision since these are two of the band's classics imo. Only ''Still We Go'' is missing.

Last edited:
A true gem (along with ''Power''). Everything is great, especially the chorus and the instrumental section. My favorites from the album are more or less the first 7 songs and the bonus song ''Walk Your Way'' (written by Markus, ofc). One of their best albums.
Yeah, this is a total banger, both heavy and extremely catchy. There are some a little bit weaker tracks in the second half of The Time of the Oath, but the overall quality and performances are through the roof IMO. It might even be my favorite album of theirs at this point, I don't know.

Iron Maiden - live Ullevi, Sweden 2005 [full concert]

One of the band's best live performances, tbh. With their worst stage set, haha. This is Dave's show, he has a solo on every song!

About the setlist, it could have been even better, but it was one great fast banger after another. Early Maiden classics! I would have liked if they also played: ''Transylvania'', ''Killers'' (it was a must!), ''Purgatory'' (why not, Bruce was in top form), ''22 Acacia Avenue'' (it was written on the stage decor... but they played it in 2003 though) and ''To Tame A Land'' (this was the perfect opportunity to bring this song back and it would have been the centerpiece of the set). Even ''Prodigal Son'' would have been curious. As for Children, Prisoner and Icarus - they were played in later years during perfect tours. Land and Still Life are the only songs left to be resurrected from the first 4 albums.

Back