NOW PLAYING

Any favorite song?

I think The Parchment and Lost in a Lost World are exercises of self-indulgence, but other than that I like most of it. If I were forced to choose songs from different songwriting teams, I would choose Senjutsu from Smith/Harris, Stratego from Gers/Harris (The Time Machine comes close), Days of Future Past (tied with The Writing on the Wall) from Smith/Dickinson and Hell on Earth from Harris, with Death of the Celts a strong contender too.

Which one is your favourite?

The main problem I have with the album is that I have not been able to open my 17CD + 3 Blu-ray boxset from Van der Graaf Generator yet!

1631049312862.png

Well I have no favorites yet. I have listened it twice. I really like the sound this time. Adrian is very committed with the songwriting, building great solos…The Writing on the Wall is growing more and more and meanwhile there are songs where Bruce is struggling there are other songs where he is amazing like Darkest Hour. The Parchment and Hell on Earth are the other great songs. Stratego is very good, the rest are complex but I like them all. The sound is clearer than Book of Souls and the atmosphere is more positive.

What a Van Der Graf Generator box set…there are a lot of music waiting :D

Last edited:
Back