Now Playing (Video Games)

It's a budget game for sure, it's only 10 dollars or so full price, but the graphics are good enough, the variety in combat is satisfying.
It definitely doesn’t hold your hand, but I think I’ve finally got the hang of some of its nuances. I’m always taking Gordon Gekko now and focusing on cash and XP to build up long-term stats. Once I got a handle on C4 and aiming the guns and deflect+counter it opened up a lot more combat options and now I finally feel like I know what I’m doing, both in combat and in how I’m picking skills during a run.

I did get past the rooftops and to the first winter/SIGMA level a couple of times, and I’ve opened up starting at level 3 so things are moving along a little faster now. I’m enjoying it.

Also, (as a side note) I'm going to assume I'm the only one here who's played Undertale.
I've seen many great reviews for it and I'm sure it's a great game just.... Never interested me. I'm more curious about hollow knight, shovel night and cuphead. As for cool platformers, I've been raving about it, but here's more. Little Nightmares is great, you sneak, you run and platform your way past creepy enemies and interesting environments.

As for genre burnout that's how I feel about fighting games like street fighter or dead or alive and beat 'em ups like streets of rage or double dragon. I loved them as a kid and teen, but they don't do it for me now.

I've seen many great reviews for it and I'm sure it's a great game just.... Never interested me.
Undertale's only selling point is its story. It's an engaging, character-driven story (coupled with interesting story-based gameplay mechanics), but if you know the story, you don't really need to play the game. Of course, actually playing a game feels different from watching a playthrough, but apart from that, you should be fine.

Little Nightmares is great, you sneak, you run and platform your way past creepy enemies and interesting environments.
It sounds cool! Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of 3-D platformers (since I play using a keyboard), and I don't think my computer would be capable of running the game.

I'm more curious about hollow knight
Never played it, and I don't think my computer can handle the graphics.
shovel night
Shovel Knight is a fantastic game! It's like Mega Man, but if you had a shovel instead of a gun. I prefer it to Mega Man because I'm not very good with projectile weapons.
Cuphead is another great game! Fiendishly difficult, but at least you have infinite lives. The game fully expects you to die several dozen times per level.

Also, check out Celeste!

Finally finished Road Redemption! Man it took some actual skill negotiating between attack tactics, nitro boosts and short cuts, but I got it done. Due to the randomizing nature of the tasks given per track I feel I got lucky with mostly races in which I had to place 3rd or better and long races in which I had to eliminate a certain number of targets. I really enjoyed the last two tracks. After you catch the assassin you are chasing the whole game, you get to ride his motorcycle and it is a really sweet ride. Second to last track you race for your life as they're all trying to take it from you. Then the really cool surprise:

You get to ride rainbow road from mario kart lol. They call it full spectrum road, but it's rainbow road, you race the bosses from the other levels and it's hilarious seeing these badass biker gang leaders scooting away on fucking rainbow road lol.

Decided to load Dead Space on my xbox one. my 360 is starting to show it's age, it's loud, games glitch, or it tells me the disc isn't readable. I know not all my 360 games will be able to port over, but most can, so as I finish them I'lll uninstall them and load the next one. Finished Alan Wake, on to Dead Space, then FEAR. I think that's it, I have a couple more, but those are the only ones I'm truly interested in.

Also, check out Celeste!
Currently on my wishlist along with the ones I mentioned above, Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Quantum Break and Control. I have more (like 40), but those are at the top. As they get discounted or free I get them lol.

As of now I am really enjoying the heck out of Pillars of Eternity and Dragon Age: Origins. And from time to time, I push a bit further in the first Dark Souls as well.

Spent the past few days playing Dead Space. Really good game. Sadly, like Mass Effect, and too many others to name before it, it quickly became an unsuccessful trilogy. The general consensus is the first game was groundbreaking, however, the sequel, Dead Space 2 isn't as universally hailed. Some say it is the perfect sequel, others say more, bigger, faster, etc, doesn't necessarily mean "better." Yet Dead Space 3 seems to be universally loathed.

I really enjoyed it. The environments are incredible, the sound design is other worldly, I mean the constant atmosphere that there is something right around the corner constantly is directly tied to the soundtrack and SFX like the whispers, growls, falling pipes, electrical humming, etc. The use of a tram system to move around reminded me of Bioshock 2, but both systems due the same, create a sense that the environment is bigger than what we explore. If you haven't played it... do it. Apparently the influences are System Shock 2, Resident Evil 4 and the Alien movies. It is very cinematic, but the cinematic scenes don't interfere with the gameplay at all, they are intertwined really well.

I went ahead and added Dead Space 2 and Dead Space: ignition to my wishlist. They were on sale a while back, I'm sure they'll be again. This is my last free weekend. I actually started work today and I start my high school class on Tuesday, but basically my free time will be non-existant soon. So I'll start FEAR next and it might take me the semester to finish it between work and other responsibilities.

Spent the past few days playing Dead Space. Really good game. [...] The general consensus is the first game was groundbreaking, however, the sequel, Dead Space 2 isn't as universally hailed. Some say it is the perfect sequel, others say more, bigger, faster, etc, doesn't necessarily mean "better." Yet Dead Space 3 seems to be universally loathed.
I think Dead Space 2 is great, and in its console incarnation the sequel hammered out the technical issues of the first game as well. Dead Space 3 is still worth playing, but it’s a very different feeling game, more action and co-op focused. In a lot of ways Dead Space 1 & 2 are similar to Resident Evil 4 while Dead Space 3 is more like Resident Evil 5.

Still plugging away at Road Redemption. Made it to the SIGMA leader once, but no further yet. I keep finding myself in unlucky melee battles during the SIGMA levels where one or two whacks from a shielded bad guy kill me outright. I just got the boosts to start with a sword and a pistol, though, which should help. I also started working through the Quick Race mode, which is surprisingly fun to try to get 1st place on every track with default weaponry.

I’m about 25% through Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Some of the crypt content is a little flimsy, and the game feels like a collectathon at times, but I’m still enjoying it. If I can’t have a new Uncharted game, then this will do. I turned on native speech for NPC’s, which sounded like a good idea at the time, but in practice it just means that Lara speaks English while all the natives respond in Spanish, which is kind of jarring. Shouldn’t she speak to the English-speakers in English and the Spanish-speakers in Spanish, then...? Oh well.

Just “lol” at Mass Effect becoming an “unsuccessful trilogy.”
I don't mean financially, I mean games that shit on their story and fans at the end of the third game. Kinda like Lost, How I Met Your Mother and Game of Thrones did on tv.

Still working on Road Redemption. Got first place on all the quick track races and finished the campaign with the rider Nitro Punk and his cruiser bike. I had jumped into Campaign + and quickly got my ass beat. So, I'll be finishing the normal compaign with all the riders as I learn the tracks and their shortcuts. j

Still doing an achievement sweep of Lego Indiana Jones, it's a great way to relax. I'm missing the mine cart level... been putting it off lol.

I finished F.E.A.R as well. There were several things I liked, the paranormal element, the storyline, the weapons, slowmo ability and environmental ways of dispatching enemies like gas tanks and fire extinguishers. I was not a fan of the environments though, VERY uninspired and while on the 360, they looked straight out of the PS1. empty office building, empty condemned building, empty science lab, etc all in varying greys and browns. Still a fun ride. Unlike with Dead Space though, wasn't hooked enough to look up the sequels/prequels.

I'm also SUPER excited because I was able to buy one of the games on my wishlist, The Caretaker, for 35 pesos! like a buck fify. AND Resident Evil 1 remaster is FREE on games for Gold! Got that shit quick. I remember being 14, going over to my friend's house who had a PS1 and RE. We're playing that first level and he says, "here, you play." I'm having a hard time with the tank controls and the joysticks. Then... that iconic scene when you see someone's back and then they slowly turn to reveal they're a zombie! Next thing you know he's slowly walking towards you. My friend starts yelling, "shoot it! Shoot it!! and I do, body shots. Then my friend says, "No, no! Shoot it in the head! The head!" No joke, I'm so clumsy with the controls and shaking with adrenaline I aim DOWN instead of up, shoot him between the legs and the Zombie just grunts, double's over and dies. My friend just says, "Not the head that I meant, but guess it worked" and we both just laugh and shake in excitement. NEVER played a Resident Evil game again, but I've always had that memory, so I'm very excited to tackle this game in the coming weeks. I'll focus on Lego Indy, check out the Caretaker, a horror game whose trailer caught my eye years ago, but don't know anything about it, I hope to be pleasantly surprised and of course RE while still putting off Alien: Isolation.

I've been playing CS-GO for three years now. And to my surprise, I'm still not bored with it. Which still does not cease to amaze me. On top of that I started to earn a little money from just playing. You play, you get and Sell csgo skins. This is enough for me to buy myself some goodies. Not asking my parents for money. I don't want to bother them because they are having some financial troubles right now. Besides, I'd better get some money for myself. To meet my daily needs. The scheme works. Try it.

Last edited:
Update:

I 100% Lego Indy, but I still have 3 achievements left to get that aren't secret achievements.

I finished Caretaker.... what a shitty game. It reminded me of what Perun said when I complained about Fallout N.V. But I've played decent to great indie games. The Horror genre is particularly filled with low budget games and movies, because it doesn't take much to kill teenagers in the woods. This game though just fails at every level. You are an investigative journalist that is looking into the case of a caretaker of a warehouse who went nuts and killed a bunch of staff before killing himself. Sound familiar? It's a similar premise to Outlast, a much better indie horror game. Outlast has good graphics, a good story, and the story is expanded through documents you find.

In Caretaker, like in Outlast ( and other survival horror), you can't fight back, you can only run. Unlike Outlast and most games now-a-days, there are no additional documents or audiologs to expand the story, the graphics are crap and you are left with as many questions as when you start the game. In other words, you are an investigative journalist that doesn't find out shit. Take the achievements for example, most of them are based on finding pictures of people and when you get the achievement pop up it tells you who they are or what happened. In one achievement it says, "The Tigris Witch, the only woman Mr. Caretaker fears." The picture is just an average headshot of some average woman. So.... WHY? WHY is she the only woman her fears? WHO is she? WHAT does she do? Nope... no further explanation. A very disapointing experiance even at such a deep discount.

Resident Evil is a different story. The HD remaster is AMAZING. They redesigned the house, rerecorded lines so they aren't so cheesy, they redid the b-movie "live action" intro of the original and are just as stingy with the saving. Since I never played the original for very long since I never owned a PS1 or Gamecube I am completely lost. I decided to watch some walk throughs and not only was I WAY off on how to progress through the game, but I ended up watching them like movies LOL. I also felt cocky and started on the highest difficulty, I think I'll start on easy and work my way up as I learn how to solve the puzzles and fight the zombies. I also watched playthroughs of the original version and the dude killed all the basic zombies with the combat knife, being able to horde ammunition. In the Remaster the guy in the playthrough would simply avoid them running pass them. I tried killing that first zombie with the combat knife and I just ended up dead. Another thing that makes it so hard, while it got a visual upgrade and slight rewrite, the controls are just as awkward with the fixed camera and "tank" controls. It feels archaic, but guess is part of its charm.

Right now The Witcher III and Quantum Break are deeply discounted at 75-80%, but still are like 175 pesos.... debating whether to get them or not. These discounts come by once a year, so if I don't get them now, it'll take awhile before I can take advantage of them again.

Right now The Witcher III and Quantum Break are deeply discounted at 75-80%, but still are like 175 pesos.... debating whether to get them or not. These discounts come by once a year, so if I don't get them now, it'll take awhile before I can take advantage of them again.

I'm not going to say that Witcher III is the best game ever, like some might, but whatever the price, you will be repaid thousandfold. Seriously, it was one of the best "pure" investments (along with Alien: Isolation for me) I ever did, game-wise.

But get it with the DLCs - Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine. Seriously, they are totally worth it. Heart of Stone has the best storyline of the whole game and B&W has the best environment and a wonderful way to end it all.

I'm like 120% go buy it. It got people who are not into fantasy, it got people who are not into games. I wonder how weird you'd have to be to not like and appreciate it.

Reactions: Jer
Yes, The Witcher III is a must-play, DLCs included. Really the only janky thing about the game is some of the interactions with sloped terrain and jumping. Literally everything else is great.

Oh, also, if I'm not mistaken in conversions, I paid for Witcher III 5 times the amount you're being offered (in my currency, that is about 1000 Czech crowns for the GOTY edition - i. e. about 47 USD, i. e. 941 pesos) and I still consider it to be a complete steal.

The amount of time you'd spend in another game you'll spend just on the Gwent mini-game alone here. (I wish I was kidding, but I think I'm not).

Some have hailed it as the best RPG.... Period. One of the reasons I'm seriously considering it, even if it's out of budget.

I'm not going to say that Witcher III is the best game ever, like some might, but whatever the price, you will be repaid thousandfold. Seriously, it was one of the best "pure" investments (along with Alien: Isolation for me) I ever did, game-wise.

But get it with the DLCs - Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine. Seriously, they are totally worth it. Heart of Stone has the best storyline of the whole game and B&W has the best environment and a wonderful way to end it all.

Hadn't noticed you quoted me twice.... Now I feel stupid with my response. Anyway, I wasn't able to get it. Someone cloned my credit card and bought shit on Amazon. I called my bank and they cancelled my card and sent me a new one 10 days later. I switched the billing info and suddenly I can't buy a single game. Keep getting an error "Oops, something went wrong, try again later." I check my bank... Microsoft is charging me 20 pesos (one dollar) to "verify" my card.... it's been 5 days and it's still "in process." The sale came and went.... Oh well. Hopefully they do it again around the holidays or next year. Just as well, like I said, even at that deep a discount it is currently out of my budget.

Instead I've been taking advantage of the FREE games through Gold. Like I said, really excited over Resident Evil Remastered, also got Lost Planet 2, which looks interesting. And an indy game.... Dandora? something like that, the artwork caught my eye.

Back