Now Playing (Video Games)

yeah... that's still 378.18 pesos.... I've been buying games for AT MOST 115, but mostly 80 pesos or less. So 400 pesos y still out of my budget. Not to mention Season Pass is 950 and season pass 2 is 574. Not to mention the one on sale is the vanilla version. The "next level" edition is 1350 and the "ultimate" is 1916.... Soooooo I'll keep waiting for better deals. They do come eventually, even if I've had to wait a couple of years for some of those lol
Sheesh, I hope that those aren't PC prices,

Picked up Streets Of Rage 4 on discount and it rocks. My old Sega Genesis muscle memory served me well right out of the gate. It looks like they’ve got every previous playable character in there in some form, and the basics of the controls are the same, with some new features added. 4-player co-op, online multiplayer, other game modes as well. Looks great, sounds great, plays great. This one’s a no-brainer if you liked any of the previous games in the series, or any Double Dragon style brawler for that matter.

So I finally finished Witcher III, that is, the second DLC. Now I'm just tying up some loose ends (2-3 sidequests still hanging) and I'm probably gonna uninstall it today (not bothering with all the gear or the gwent cards - some question marks are still unanswered and shall probably remain so). Almost two years and there were some really intense sessions (there were times when I played almost a whole day).

Not a bad investment, indeed. Although it got tiring throughout near the end. You know, it's really great. The story, the characters, it's just all high quality. But there's just... you know... too much of the good thing. Oh and the DLCs subplots are thousand times better than that of the game proper. But then again, I never liked the books either. And Geralt as a protagonist... is much better than his book counterpart, but I still don't like him.

The main problem is, the books feel as if they've been made by a 15-year old for fellow 15-year olds. And the games got this really great team that did what they could and done amazing job, really, it's the best possible incarnation and so much better than the books... but still, the limits the books set are still there.

But still, a must play, really.

I'm extremely disappointed in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales on the xbox store this year.... The amount of games and percentage of discounts was ridiculous. So not worth it.

I did get derailed from my current game by the only Free for Gold game that was worth getting: LEGO Indiana Jones lol. Love these games. I have the full saga of LEGO Star Wars on the Wii, and I knew this one would be fun. I already finished all three movies and now I'm just doing the free play playthrough to 100% The mine cart level is frustrating, so I'm saving it for last. Really fun pick up.

I did get derailed from my current game by the only Free for Gold game that was worth getting: LEGO Indiana Jones lol. Love these games. I have the full saga of LEGO Star Wars on the Wii, and I knew this one would be fun. I already finished all three movies and now I'm just doing the free play playthrough to 100% The mine cart level is frustrating, so I'm saving it for last. Really fun pick up.

During the time I've had Live Gold, I've collected several of the LEGO games, but I never actually seriously played any of them...

... until now. I tried this one out and it was good and fun... but I also realized/remembered that the first LEGO game I started was the Complete Star Wars Saga... and you know, along with the Williams' score the Indy game reminded me of that (yes, the scores are different, yet somehow similar). And that in turn reminded me of how ever since 2012 or so I've always had Star Wars connected with Christmas (I think it was that year when me and my wife were spending Christmas with my in-laws for the first time, I was re-playing Jedi Academy and wifey borrowed the Chloé perfume from her mother... which again, makes it my personal favourite winter-y and Christmas-y scent)... So I downloaded the LEGO Star Wars from the cloud, downloaded all other LEGO games (Indy 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean) from the cloud, downloaded all other Star Wars games from the cloud (Force Unleashed 1 and 2 and Jedi Academy... oh, and KOTOR, have to finally try that one out), even though it's still Advent...

But it wasn't enough. Fallen Order was on sale and I bought it. And I really like it. You know, they say it's like the modern Tomb Raider series, only mixed with Star Wars universe and lightsabers... you know, you say it like it's a bad thing...

It's ridiculously addictive is what I'm saying.

During the time I've had Live Gold, I've collected several of the LEGO games, but I never actually seriously played any of them...

But it wasn't enough. Fallen Order was on sale and I bought it. And I really like it. You know, they say it's like the modern Tomb Raider series, only mixed with Star Wars universe and lightsabers... you know, you say it like it's a bad thing...

It's ridiculously addictive is what I'm saying.

it's on my wishlist, even on discount it was out of my budget, so maybe later lol. It definitely looks like the modern Tomb Raider series, but I really enjoyed those, so I think I'll really like Fallen Order.

Installing the first 43GB patch to Cyberpunk 2077. On one hand, I'm kinda glad that they really do their best to give the players the best ever experience and that they already reacted to the early reviews complaining about bugginess ... on the other hand, come on, dudes, WTF???

Installing the first 43GB patch to Cyberpunk 2077. On one hand, I'm kinda glad that they really do their best to give the players the best ever experience and that they already reacted to the early reviews complaining about bugginess ... on the other hand, come on, dudes, WTF???
This is why I won't buy AAA games at launch anymore. Garbage.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla was pretty good at launch. IIRC, so was Eternal Doom. And possibly even RDR2?

But then again, they have the experience.

Anyway, I've been playing it for the past hour and a half ...

... and sure, for a day-one 43 GB patch, the clichéd setting I almost groaned about beforehand (including the title, I mean,

1607635615331.png)

and for the fact it's not really well optimized and on current gen it currently looks... really bad...

...well, for all that mentioned the game is really immersive af. They must have done something right, because I usually don't have this much trouble leaving the game nowadays. Like seriously, "wow" for me.

This is why I won't buy AAA games at launch anymore. Garbage.

I'm fundamentally not drawn to this type of games. Although I might give it a go sometime in the future, perhaps after some hardware upgrades...

Currently I'm waiting for King's Bounty 2 from major titles and Axiom Verge 2 from indie ones. The company that makes KB has released the acclaimed first game (which is a remake of early 90s title) and followup in about 2009/10 - and then they started milking the player base with two further followups on the same engine. Very buggy on release, the last title being gamebreakingly buggy that even decision dialogs didn't work correctly and you'd get stuck in the main quest line. A lot of reused graphics, what little was added was of a lesser quality.

When I first played KB: Dark Side I got a lot of soft glitches around quests and indications where to go, and then in the last 20% of the game I came to a point where I need to fight guardians of a talking artifact to suppress it, take it with me for the main quest to go further. In opened dialog I don't take the fight, walk away to replenish my army, return, and the artifact won't accept clicks/open dialog anymore. Known bug, you can get some patch if you can navigate through Russian cyrilic on their forums and ofc it won't work over an existing savegame.

So for the last couple of years game has been on the low point, showed away, and this new KB2 is a "reboot" of sorts and it has already been rescheduled from Q3 2020 to 2021. This kind of gives me hope that it won't be fucked up on release and actually something decent and modern I could pour hours in.

AV2 has also been rescheduled for 2021 and I hope it gets Steam/PC release roughly at the same time as Switch release.

I'm a HUGE Road Rash fan. Though mainly I and II, III, while it offers more weapons and countries.... it seems the graphics took a turn for the worse and hardly as memorable as II.

I always thought it was a great game tor release on the xboxs and playstations in the style of Forza or Need 4 Speed, except with motorcycles. Riding BMWs or Suzukis while beating your opponent with a bat lol.

Well, I found a spiritual successor in Road Redemption, been playing it for the past week or so. Fucking awesome, amazing soundtrack, great graphics, cool weapons.

The only draw back has to be that the missions are randomized, but it isn't a game breaker.

Back