Now Playing (Video Games)

I just think it didn't click. I might give it a try again once I'm finished my current game (Fallout 4).

Recently finished Darksiders II for the second time. Much more satisfying this time around. One of the things I liked were the armor sets. Clearly drawing from Diablo armor pieces come in sets. I remember when My brother and I played Diablo back in the day we each had our favorite set and we obssessed over geting everything, from the helmet to the boots to the sword of that set. You can do a similar thing here and some elite sets already come complete in secret chests. The Maker's set as well as The Angel of Death and Crow Father's armor. They get outclassed rather quickly from other sets or custom builds, but I rocked the Angel of Death and Crow Father armor for most of the latter portion of the game. I'm on the Game Plus run through to complete the crucible and beef Death up some more. My goal now is to get possesed weapons I can spec to improve my necromancer stats.

My brother and I are finishing up our tournament on NHL15 so we can move on to one on NHL18. We usually play a tourny with national teams, but this time around we played with NHL clubs. Just like when we were kids he dominated most of it individually. His team is Pittsburgh, mine is Boston. We take VERY special care when playing with said teams. Crosby led in goals, assists and points and Pittsburgh had the best record. That was until it bumped into Boston on its way to the final. For the sake of time (and it still has taken us nearly a year) we played best of 5s. Both semis went to 5 games and I won them both. The Pit-Bos one is always very fun do to our personal history with the clubs going back to when we played NHL93. Also, as I have stated in other posts through the years, my brother dominates personal stats, the season/tournament, but when the going gets tough, when everything is on the line... I beat him. This time was no exception lol. I came from behind in the series as well winning games 4 and 5.

My controllers are kind of old and between usage, age and abuse from my dogs they are a tad glitchy. Players get stuck/frozen when using one of the controllers. It happened to him a couple of times, but he lost it when he was awarded a powerplay with 50 seconds left in the 3rd period (he has the best PP) down by one goal. He wins the face off, but it goes too far back, we chase. He gets there first, but his player freezes. I scoop up the puck and score on a break away. He wasn't pleased. I felt bad for like two seconds. Then I remembered, I was up by one goal anyway, the odds were in my favor and would have probably won anyway. I also remembered that when we were kids he would beat me using cheap/glitch plays all the time, abuse them even and revel in my misery. He didn't seem to remember that. All I know Boston is once again heading to a final and Pittsburgh isn't HAHAHAHAHA.

Just got a Switch so I'm busy playing Skyrim and Minecraft... Third platform buys, both of them. Too good games to not have.

But also playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Freaking awesome game, that one.

Last Mario Kart I enjoyed was 64. I tried playing 7 and 8, but I got VERY disoriented with the 3D environment. Tracks seemed for open than those of the 64.

I've only tried Mario Kart 64 like twice before. So this is my first - the only other Nintendo console I've had is the DS Lite. (And on that I basically only played Metroid Prime: Hunters and GBA games.) I was a PC gamer up till last gen - and we had an awesome Mario Kart-clone called Lego Racers back in the good old days...

Back in the day lol. Indeed. I remember playing the original Mario Kart on the SNES, so 64 was a big leap and WAY more fun. Of the few games on the 64 I enjoyed. That gen was awkward in video game history, painful, but necessary.

Plowing through Spyro, 100% completion for Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (or as I've always known it, Gateway to Glimmer) and 92% through Spyro The Dragon. Just about got the hang of the inverted controls enough to complete the flying levels, but the ones in the first game are still kicking my arse. I'll come back to them once I finish 3. Back in the day that was my favourite, but I'm curious to see if 2 will overtake, I really loved playing through it again.

If anything makes me feel nostalgic in these games it's the beautiful background music in the Autumn Plains home world, I'd spend ages wandering around that world just taking in the views (again, the upgraded visuals are absolutely stunning) and that music provided the perfect backing.

Turns out the music in these games was written by Stewart Copeland from The Police. Who knew?

I had Lego Racers on the N64, pretty good clone. Fun kart customization too.

The kart racer to rule them all though was Diddy Kong Racing.

DRK was the best kart racer for N64, but it was rare and came out late in the system's life cycle. MK64 is the iconic one. The best racing game for N64, though, was Star Wars Episode I Racer.

I really liked the tracks in Episode 1 racer but never got a handle of the controls. That’s one I should revisit at some point.

I really liked the tracks in Episode 1 racer but never got a handle of the controls. That’s one I should revisit at some point.
I have the Steam version but I'm afraid to play it, because I really loved the N64 version.

True, but my favorite racing game of all time is Road Rash II for the Genesis. Nothing like knocking a cop of his motorcycle with a chain lol.

#thinblueline

Use of the term became especially widespread following the release of Errol Morris' 1988 documentary film The Thin Blue Line, about the murder of a Dallas Police officer Robert W Wood.[1] Judge Don Metcalfe, who presided over the trial of Randall Adams, states in the film that prosecutor "Doug Mulder's final argument was one I'd never heard before: about the 'thin blue line' of police that separate the public from anarchy." The judge admitted to being deeply moved by the prosecutor's words, though the trial resulted in a wrongful conviction and death sentence.[6]

It was always interesting to me how the police were the only NPCs that would NOT get up after knocking them off their bikes either by hitting them or kicking them into objects. Considering the popularity of GTA, I have no idea why RR hasn't made a comeback in current gen consoles. Seeing the graphics, vehicle variety and gorgeous scenary in Need for Speed and Forza, I'd love to see the motorcycles, upgrades and tracks RR would offer.

Finished playing the DLC for Darksiders II. Very Meh. Glad it was included with the DEATHfinitive edition as I wouldn't have spent any money on them seperately. Finally moved on to Darksiders III. Initial reaction is mixed. Looks great, Fury is awesome as the third horse(wo)man. The whip is a different dynamic from War's sword and Death's Scyths.

Combat is similar to Death's as you can't parry and have to dodge constantly. The problem with that is that you are constantly in restrictive/crowded environments with few places to dodge too safely. Another complaint, LOAD TIMES. Holy FUCK. Every time you die it takes like 2 minutes to load again AND all the enemies respawn... every time. Did I mention you loose all your soul currency too? you have to recapture it in the form of circling "lost souls." Volgrim's serpent holes are back and serve as dungeon respawn points and fast travel. They too take forever to load when fast traveling. A grat incentive to not die.

Overall pretty fun though, more thorough notes on it later.

Back