Now Playing (Video Games)

Used to play Star Wars Battlefront 2... then I forgot to do the voodoo ritual with SecuRom 7, and got banned...  :innocent:

Now i play the BEST strategy game ever: CIV IV, with the WARLORD expansion...

VIKINGS RULE!!! ('cuz I am one, being from northern Norway, ya'know...)

Won ones on Prince difficulty  :yey:

(pause to rub it in the face of those that haven't done so yet...)

Got lucky... everybody hated everybody... including me... built the UN... managed to win a diplomatic victory...  :nana:

My computer usually crashes around 1750.  I haven't managed to finish a single game of it yet.

Onhell said:
I'm yet to get that game :( that and Age of Empires 3, Waiting for Starcraft 2 though :D
Hooray for SC2  :bigsmile:
I'm also hanging out for Team Fortress 2 and the next installment in the HL2 series.
Till then I just got back in to Warcraft 3 and dota.

I loved the original Starcraft back in the mid-90s.  That was the best of its genre, better than Warcraft, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer and their ilk.  (I'm really dating myself here).  ;)

The reason it rocked, beside the fact that it had the best plot, was that each of the fighting units was unique and therefore complimented the other units.  The power-ups or upgrades were useful too, and did not just make things stronger in a "faster speed" or "take off more damage" kind of way.  The little zerg buggers could dig in the soil/earth for example.  I loved Kerrigan's unique powers.  Man I've forgotten most of the abilities the units had.

AGREED!!! I'm a little worried though because blizzard has changed A LOT since the days of SC and Diablo concentrating practically exclusively on Warcraft. They outsourced the development of SC: Ghost and eventually canned it due to poor results, so... who knows, but hopefully it will be a worthy sequal.

The last game I played was Resident evil 4/GC.  I prefer scary games.  I also love FPS games however I really am up for anything.  Never played (I want to) Civilazation. As for online gaming, I suck.  The only game I've played online was a game called Postal.  I got a good laugh but my girlfriends were horrified. Eternal Darkness is a great game.  I still pop that in the Cube.  Rouge leader.....rocks.  Still love this game. 

Right now, I'm totally hooked by Neverwinter Nights 2, a great game based on Dungeons & Dragons. Oblivion is also a really good game, with fantastic graphics. If you want to be scared sh*tless, turn off all lights at night, crank up that volume and start FEAR - the scariest 1st person shooter I have ever seen. Good fun :-D

char_da_harlot said:
The last game I played was Resident evil 4/GC.

What a game.  The PS2/PC versions (the latter being a port of the former!) are laughable by comparison.  Having a lower graphical quality and frame-rate is reasonable for the PS2 version, as the technology is older, but why port that inferior version to PC?  Presumably, Nintendo were more than a little miffed when Capcom went back on their Resi exclusivity deal.

Oh, and Rogue Leader does indeed rock.

I've seen the pc version, though the i think it deserved better due to the current tech. The ps2 RE4 was great though, I loved every bit of it, since it was letting me use the ps2 to its potential. Have you tried the Wii version? 3 ports already, maybe RE5 will be ported to much more  :blink:

I will have to play the game F.E.A.R once I get an xbox 360.  I'm just not sold on the product.  I think I might buy a wii instead but still undecided?  Perfect dark N64 is my all time fave.  I think that was originally a "golden eye" engine.  I am always on the look out for the original Silent Hill.  Played all but that one :S

Rareware use to be great untill microsoft took control :down:

F.E.A.R. bored the crap out of me.  Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube was phenominal, though.  For my money, there's nothing better out there than an Nintendo Wii.  Wiiiiiiii!!!  I can't wait to get one.  Blazing Angels, baby.

The 360 is the best on the market right now, superior graphics, games and potential (currently) than the wii and PS3 bar none. The Wii has high entertainment value (I was hooked on Wii sports hehe) and a potentially HUGE library by having Nintendo's and Sega's back catalogue available online. For me that's awesome because I live in the past and I already have many games on emulators, but the truth is if you want to push forward 360 is the way to go. One word and one number... Halo 3... nuff said.

I won't buy a 600$ system for one game that I don't really care for.  Halo's good, sure.  It's not that great, it's not that wonderful.

Goldeneye was better.

The Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii is much better for casual gamers; its novel, and approaches the whole idea of gaming from a different angle.  That Nintendo are able to effectively piss about with drug-fuelled ideas while Sony and Microsoft are in the 'bigger, better' market is testament to two things.  One, Nintendo's ability to make fun stuff.  Two, the vast reserves of cash from the Yamauchi family. :bigsmile:

If I were to get any new console, it would most certainly be the Wii.  It's the cheapest, has an awesome back catalogue.  it's got the most original ideas, and it has the only new game I would be anyway bothered with; Metroid Prime 3.  However, saying this, I feel a bit concerned about the way they're going about the whole FPS element of MP3.  Now, moving the remote will move the targeting reticule, meaning that to turn, you first have to move the crosshairs all the way to the edge of the screen, which could prove problematic.

Another game I really want to get (although I don't want to have to fork over the cash) is the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.  It would be great to have such a great-looking, great-playing game to bookend my Gamecube collection, but I can't imagine myself finding that much time to play it.  At the minute I'm blazing through Majora's Mask, but that'll only last as long as summer, when I have enough spare time...

L.C. and Raven I will take your advice and purchase a Wii.  Eventually that is.  Oh and LC I will also take your advice on the game fear. 

Thanks.

Excellent.  Now I am going to play some Tetris and Secret of Mana, and yell at kids to get off my lawn.

The 360 isn't 600, that's the PS3, which sucks. the 360 also has DOA4, Guitar Hero II, Gears of War (and the sequals of course) among other great titles, not to mention all the games made by Microsoft for the original Xbox can still be played on it, so it's more than ONE game, but that one game is fucking brilliant, so... yeah :D

I put a Wii on lay-away.  I'll get it in October...woo hoo.  My Mom ,who is 63, is more excited than I am.  Truthfully she is a better gamer than I.  Actually, she was hoping that I'd get the X-box 360 so she could have my old Halo green xbox.  Not for Halo, but for Conkers Bad Fur Day. 

@Onhell: I wonder if Halo 3 is going to be any good?  I was disappointed with the ending in Halo 2 :(  Of course nothing will stop me from playing it.  Bad review or not.  I like to rent games out and see for myself the outcome?

@ LC:  Which Goldeneye are you talking about?  I really loved the N64 version called 007 that game was ahead of its time!  Wow!

@ Raven: Metroid Prime is a great game!  Maybe I'll rent Prime 3 (once I get the Wii) and see what problems occur?  Thanks for the info. :bigsmile:

At the moment I am playing The Chronicles of Riddick (EFBB) and Resident Evil, the GC version.  Which still scares me to death.  The damm zombies run after me way to quick!  Its like there on crack!

Conker's is a hilarious game! I like your mom already, though the Wii is a good system, if you have high speed internet you'll have nintendo's and sega's back catalogue available for under 10 bucks and at times under 5, depending on the game, that is awesome considering original nintendos go for 60 dollars and the games still cost 20 bucks a pop!

I'm sure Halo 3 will kick ass... can't wait!

Back