Now Playing (Video Games)

On the 5th level "Prince" I have survived and conquered all civs.  But I did not win the game because I tend to play a space race game (I'm slowly weaning myself off it  ::)) and someone else beat me to it.  On the 6th level "Monarch" I got my ass whooped.  I haven't tried playing anything harder.

I never got past level 2 :( But I'm a crappy gamer. I love CIV, from the first "oh so many moons ago", and onwards to the last CIV 4 expansion. But I have never been good at it ::)

On another note, anyone here ever played Delta Force Black Hawk Down or the expansion Team Sabre on line? Preferably on any of Funbunch's servers? Because then we have met ;) I used to play on our servers 1-2 hours every night until about 2 years ago. Then I slowed down and now I haven't played at all for over a year. I loved the on-line game play - it was a giant laugh most of the time. Crap graphics and a really bad gfx engine, but a great game with brilliant game play and lots of fast-action urban maps.

Has anyone here tried Defense Of The Ancients (DOTA) in Warcraft 3 TFT? Its a pretty addictive game in battle net for Warcraft Players worldwide.

Well, since I've spent my vacation practically glued to a Playstation, I might as well give a review of all the games I've been playing.

1) Pro-Evolution Soccer. Absolute shite. Only play if you haven't got any other soccer games.
2) Motor GP4. More realistic than GP3 but harder and consequently (at least for me) less fun (I can't crash into everybody and still win).
3) Eyetoy. Fun for about 5 hours. Then it gets boring and annoying (most of the games as yet are childish and the controls are crappy).
4)Sonic Heroes. Fun, but since I'm useless at action games like these I get confused and never know whats going on at what time.
5) FIFA 2007. Fabulous is all I can say. I haven't really discovered the difference between it and 2006, apart from different players in different teams, but still a whole lot of fun and a good game.
6) Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo DS. This is a great game, I love the DS because of the pen, and you get to use it alot in the 'mini games' which are the only games I am any good at (forget the actual Mario game, thats beyond my skill).

And that was it. Until next year folks!  :bigsmile:

Ok, so I finally played guitar hero over at a friends house this weekend and while completely sucking at first, it is easy to pick up and an air-guitar player's wet dream come true. Not to mention highly adictive! I just kept thinking, "ok,ok just one more song." Right now I'm obviously on easy and even though I'm the higher the difficulty the more "realistic" it becomes it does not replace a guitar, but damn does it come close and it's a hella fun.

I've gotten back into playing Counter Strike: Source recently, and I remember why it is my favourite PC game of all time. Its just so much fun to play, whether trying to get that illustrious knife in the back of a terrorist, or planting a bomb and blowing the heads off the counter terrorists with your awp as they rush towards you. All I can say is BOOMHEADSHOT! (If that makes no sense, go to PurePwnage and download episode five ;)).

In other gaming news, I've been playing quite a bit of multiplayer Call Of Duty 3 on the Xbox 360. Despite using analogue controllers, its quite a good game and is enhanced by the slagging that takes place. As a standalone game, I'm not sure how it would play, but system linking 4 Xboxes together is great fun, and makes for some exciting play.

Has anybody tried the new CNC3 Tiberium Wars? Its a great fun game, with KANE written all over it! And the new Ion Cannon is WOW eye candy!

Natalie said:
Well, since I've spent my vacation practically glued to a Playstation, I might as well give a review of all the games I've been playing.
5) FIFA 2007. Fabulous is all I can say. I haven't really discovered the difference between it and 2006, apart from different players in different teams, but still a whole lot of fun and a good game.
Really? So I don't need to buy the 2007 version?
I love this game! :)

Don't the new version's of such EA games have online updates? I know the Xbox and obviously the 360 have online connectivity and I know that at least NHL 07 has such updates. I'm assuming these updates correspond to line-ups, rules and uniform changes, if so indeed you wouldn't need to buy the new version. Since I don't have cable internet however, I'll still buy the new one :D 'cause I'm a sucker.

OK NHL o7 update. My dynasty is going great. I'm into my second season on Difficult difficulty (I played my first season on medium) and after 58 games I've lost 3 in regulation and one in OT. BUT Smyth, who one the Richard trophy with 96 goals last season now has 107... in 58 games :D all my other players are also either doing better or just as well as last season except maybe two, who are really underachieving.

I've also started a new World Tournament and I'm playing with Italy, the worst in the world with a 71 rating. I've beat Switzerland (80), Latvia (74), Kazakstan (73) and.. you ready? Slovakia (86)! hahaha, my first HUGE win. I beat them 6-2 and killed 2 of 3 power plays. This game was huge considering the slovak offense (Svatos, Gaborik, Bondra, Hossa) and their D (Chara, Marek).  I will face the Czech Republic Next followed by Russia I think and then the USA. This is barely round robin play, but I NEED to win these games to know I can win it all. My last Tourney was with Finland and it was amazing the first time I played on Difficult and I kicked ass.

Now I am playing Quake II  :), old game, but I still get addicted to it.

A few weeks earlier I finished Gothic 3, an RPG, very good game. I only play on computer, I don't like playing on consoles, which I tried.

I got Counter Strike 1 Anthology a few days ago.  It's an highly addictive game,  I can tell you that.  :D  I'm beginning to get bored with it though...  Maybe I should've bought 24 The Game after all :(.

I'm currently playing New Super Mario Bros. for the DS and Comand and Conquer Red Alert II for the PC. Mario Bros. is alright, nowhere near the standard of a lot of the previous Mario efforts, but still a decent game to play.

Red Alert II is the game that got me into RTS games, great fun to play online, and even good for a fifteen minute skirmish against the computer. A tad old, and the graphics aren't anywhere near the standard of these days' games, but they don't affect the enjoyability of the game at all.

Playing through Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on the Gamecube.  A fantastically immersive game, although you really need to play the original to see some of the things in it, as well.  Essentially, a gorgeous first/third-person adventure that sucks you in for hours on end.

I've removed Solitaire and SpiderSolitaire from my PC to stop myself getting distracted from work.

So, who can beat these Minesweeper scores:
beginner - 9 seconds
intermediate - 54 seconds
expert - 201
:D

So, update on my world tournament on NHL 07!!! After the Round Robin play i only lost one game and it was against the Czech Republic (6-4). I wasn't too upset since they are a good team. I've been winning games trying to do the little things right, good d, solid passing and playmaking and well, it's been working. beating crappy teams hasn't been a challenge, but beating the U.S and Slovakia was no cake walk. Sweden ended with a perfect record. But in the single elimination playoffs, THAT'S where the fun starts. I met the Czech republic again in the quarter finals and.. I won!!! BARELY though. I was down 2-1 after the first, and I was winning by one with a minute left (5-4) when the pull their goalie and tie it with only 30 seconds left in regulation!! So my best line guest sent out (with Italy that isn't much but hey)  and I score! One play, one shot and I'm up by one again! They pull their goalie once more and I manage to break up their play and score an empty net goal to ensure the win! This game was just as exciting if not more so than when I beat Russia in OT with Finland. I met Slovakia in the Semis and beat them rather easily, but I couldn't keep their scoring down (10-6).

Sweden's unbeaten streak left them when it mattered most and lost against Latvia (yes LATVIA) a team that upset everybody! So the final won't be as exciting as I wanted it to be, but meh, who knows, they might surprise me.

@ Onhell: Are you the kind of gamer who starts shouting at the referee in the middle of your games? :bigsmile: I have a friend who does that, and I just can't understand how one can get so immersed in a game?

OT: I currently play Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Carbon, superb racing games; FEAR combat (a free multiplayer version of FEAR www.joinfear.com); The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion.

All 4 games have superb graphics and are a great, fun gaming experience. I recommend them all.

Anomica said:
@ Onhell: Are you the kind of gamer who starts shouting at the referee in the middle of your games? :bigsmile: I have a friend who does that, and I just can't understand how one can get so immersed in a game?

Nah, I never complain about a call, but I do get upset when a stupid goal gets scored against me, or one of my mistakes ends up in a goal by the other team. Then I let some pretty words fly :D.

Back