Now Playing (Video Games)

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
At the suggestion of Black Dragon, though I had been thinking about it for a while, I give thee... THE VIDEO GAME THREAD!

I've been playing NHL 07 non-stop for like a month and a half now, and currently have a 35+ game winning streak. I average over 9 goals for yet allow 3.6 per game. I have the best Power play at 50.6, but the worst Penalty Kill at 76% :( However I have 47 short-handed goals :D. Maybe I should mention I'm playing dynasty mode with Edmonton on Medium difficulty, I'll put it up to difficult next season, in th mean time I'm enjoying career seasons from Ryan Smith, Samsonov and Jared Stoll among others :D. How 'bout you guys? what games are you obssessed with at the moment or what classics do you wish to share?

Doom III ; Quake IV ; Far Cry ; Half Life ... (as you can see I'm a shoot 'em up lover  :D)

Command And Conquer: Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 2, Counter Strike Source (not as much as I used to) and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

At the moment,

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War, Winter Assault and Dark Crusade
The Sims 2 :)
Battlefield 2
Company Of Heroes
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Rachet:Deadlocked

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones on GBA (I bought it a year ago and never got round to finishing it) and F-Zero GX on the old Gamecube at the minute (been trying to beat the bloody Master Class GP on and off for the last few months).

While I don't play as many video games today as I used to, I still find them a really good way to relax.

I don't play as much now as I did when I was unemployed, but when I play games now it's Need For Speed Carbon and Most Wanted and Heroes of Might and Magic 5. I used to play a lot of Delta Force Black Hawk Down online, but the game got a bit long in the teeth...

It's been a while since I last played this, but I really like it so I thought I'd share: Age of Empires (I , II, or III)

Does anyone here have a favorite among the three versions and if so, why?

Natalie said:
It's been a while since I last played this, but I really like it so I thought I'd share: Age of Empires (I , II, or III)

Does anyone here have a favorite among the three versions and if so, why?
Age Of Empires II, cause its savage. :p I've never played III, but I love II as any power metal fan should, what with the castles and that.

A few weeks ago I was really into Twilight Princess but I have completed now. Still have a couple of things to get like the golden bugs or heart containers. Other than that, I play World of Warcraft on some "private" server. It's a little buggy but it's really fun.

To the Age of Empires III gamers, how is it? I've seen the screen shots and the video of the site and it looks amazing!

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings (With Expansion) is the best RTS ever made.  The Duke and I still play whenever we can.

Secondly, AoE3 was different.  Alright, but it doesn't have the same appeal as II.  AoK was good because anyone can learn it quickly, but the game offers a lot of depth.  You basically have to do the tutorial in AoE3.

AOE III is has a bit more micro. There is a home city feature where you use some sort of cards to enhance its production and economic capabilities I think, and to help your overseas war effort. The graphics have more shaders and detail, but it still uses the good old lumber gold wood stone food resource management thing.

Though if you're looking for another great RTS game, I highly recommend the Dawn Of War and Company Of Heroes games. They're outstanding.

I've always enjoyed some Civilization and right now it's Civ 4 with add-on. That's a really immersive game and "The mother of RTS's" ;) I think it's much more entertaining than AOE.

Due to a lack of time, I haven't been playing anything as of recently. The last game I was playing was Final Doom. Well, you know what that's all about, after all. The double-barrelled shotgun is my favourite weapon, yes I even prefer it over the plasma rifle. I wuv u mistur duble barel <3. I hope to get back into it again soon.

Back