now drinking2?

DeadlySinner

Trooper
I am very confident that once there was a thread here for drinking.. Dukie remarked himself as a regular poster, if my memory serves me correct.

so here goes:
Now drinking a Bordeaux wine, (off topic now) with some Brie and Camembert. Excellent.

Now drinking: Jameson and Pepsi Max, a lovely smooth taste, much more pleasant than JD or other whiskeys.

Shaking up margaritas on the rocks.  Patron, triple sec, lime juice and agave nectar over ice.  fooking yum!

I have 12 cold ones at home waiting for me. Mmmm cold ones. And it's HNIC baby!

Soon, I will be down the pub and a few pints of Grolsch will be on the agenda. Yes, it is not strictly a now drinking post, but I can't really post whilst I am in the act of drinking in a pub (it's a bit rude, really), but you may well be reading this as I sup my ale!

PErfect logic, that one. 

Now drinking:  water
soon to be drinking:  hot cup of coffee

chimaytriple.jpg

Chimay triple

Albie said:
Soon, I will be down the pub and a few pints of Grolsch will be on the agenda. Yes, it is not strictly a now drinking post, but I can't really post whilst I am in the act of drinking in a pub (it's a bit rude, really), but you may well be reading this as I sup my ale!

Come on Albie, Real Ale only exists in Britain, don't defile it like this!  ;)

That's the result of me hanging around with too many northerners in my past - where they claim ale to be anything alcoholic. :D

Albie said:
That's the result of me hanging around with too many northerners in my past - where they claim ale to be anything alcoholic. :D

Just as a digression - what do Englishmen define as "northeners" and "southeners" respectively? Does a cockney, a Geordie and a Yorkshireman define the terms differently?

There is a supposed divide - "The Watford Gap". If you live north of it, you are a northerner. It's as simple as that. However, generally those from Yorkshire, Lancashire, the North East (i.e. Geordies etc) are classed as northerners but those from the south and south-east are southerners. And rather unfairly, we get called "Southern Softies".

But - those from Cornwall are Cornish and those from the Midlands are generally tagged as Brummies (even if they don't come from B'ham).

Albie said:
But - those from Cornwall are Cornish and those from the Midlands are generally tagged as Brummies (even if they don't come from B'ham).

What do people from places like Coventry and Wolverhampton think of that? I mean, it sounds like calling people from Blackburn or even Liverpool (considering distances) Mancs - and I guess the Scousers will have nothing of that  :D

Besides, thanks for the clarification.

I once saw a guy in the cafeteria wearing a Slayer t-shirt and getting himself a Latte Macchiato. That just doesn't work!

Back